NFS mount fails on laptop

Hi-

I'm getting an error message when trying to mount via command line a NAS share via NFS:

XXX@XXXX-ThinkPad-P50:~$ sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.68.61:/Volume1/Backups /mnt/Pika
mount: /mnt/Pika: bad option; for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program.
XXXarcs@XXXX-ThinkPad-P50:~$

Haven't run across this one, seemed to have worked on my desktop running same Zorin system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Here's what I did as a work around in case anyone else runs into this problem and comes looking for the solution here:

Created a script (mountall.sh) in /etc/init.d/:

#!/bin/bash

mount -r NFSSERVER-priv:/vol/vol1_isp/eshowcase/sites /var/www
mount    NFSSERVER-priv:/vol/vol1_isp/vusers          /var/users

Make the system aware of the new script:

update-rc.d mountall.sh defaults

The option “defaults” puts a link to start mountall.sh in run levels 2, 3, 4 and 5. (and puts a link to stop mountall.sh into 0, 1 and 6.)

Chmod the file to be executable

chmod +x mountall.sh

Now when you init 6 you should have your mount points. Also a good idea to make a "comment" in your fstab so people know where everything is actually being mounted from as that will be the first place they'll look.

Also, Check these out,

Zorin Core 16.1:

I followed this and had 100% success:

I was pleased to see digital ocean. During lockdown the LinuxUserGroup co-ordinator built a Jitsi meet server on a notebook that was hosted by digital ocean during lockdown.

Thanks, will give it a try later today.

It has connected, needed the nfs client packages added. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.