No brightness adjustment for second display

I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo and I can't adjust the brightness on the second built in display. In the settings window under the Power section there is a slider for Screen Brightness but it only affects the primary display and there is no slider for the second display. How can I adjust brightness for the second display? Its too dim. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you yet tried Brightness Controller?

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:apandada1/brightness-controller

sudo apt update && sudo apt install brightness-controller

Launch:

brightness-controller

Or launch from the app menu

1 Like

Yes actually I have tried that. Unfortunately its not a hardware controller. All it does is blow out the colors on the screen but doesn't actually increase luminosity of the screen.

Interesting. I have it installed and it increases or decreases actual brightness on either monitor.

What Graphics card are you using?

My bad, I thought that was a different piece of software I had previously tried. This is definitely working to control actual brightness however it won't increase the brightness any further than whatever the setting is at within the Zorin OS Settings. So the max brightness in "Brightness Controller" software is capped by OS settings. So if I have the OS at half brightness on the main monitor when I turn up Brightness Controller to max it doesn't go past half brightness. At least that's how its working for me.

And I'm running NVIDIA RTX 3070

Do you need to achieve different brightness settings per monitor?

Ideally yes because the second monitor doesn't have the same lumen output.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.