No display after select zorin os from grub

im using zorin os lite at first try using safe graphic it works.
second try using normal boot (not safe graphic) and after few seconds terminal then flash my monitor and no display just like no compatible resolution (input signal out of range).

after that i install zorin os then after i thought display would be normal but just like second try using normal boot (input signal out of range) how do i fix it?

Can you give us the specification of your machine? Notebook/Desktop and Graphics card and RAM? Boot with live media, open a terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

sudo lshw -C video

and post back the results.

specs
intel core 2 duo e7500
Nvidia geforce 610
ram 3gb

this is from sudo lshw -c video

*-display UNCLAIMED       
       description: VGA compatible controller
       product: GF119 [GeForce GT 610]
       vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
       version: a1
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list
       configuration: latency=0
       resources: memory:f2000000-f2ffffff memory:e8000000-efffffff memory:f0000000-f1ffffff ioport:2000(size=128) memory:c0000-dffff

You can try adding the nomodeset grub parameter:

1 Like

I see you have a 610. I can't speak for Lite but I could not use Zorin Core with a 720, minimum requirement was a 730. I upgraded to a GT1030.

Might need the nvidia-352 driver:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-352 
sudo reboot  

But, I can't say whether that will solve the issues; might not like the older drivers.. But that card was pulling up 352 through Nvidia.

Would try the nomodeset Grub option first though.

Just covering bases: Do you get anything popping up in Additional Drivers through Software Updater settings?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.