No Dual Boot possible?

No dual boot is displayed during the installation. It is a Lenovo 20VD with Windows 10 Pro

system 20VD (LENOVO_MT_20VD_BU_idea_FM_ThinkBook 14 G2 ITL)

This is exactly my problem, and I'm not sure what is causing it, either.

I can't translate from the setup choices but if the last one is "Something Else", in English, then that is what you want. Once you click that, read this: How to partition

The choices are showing to Wipe Disk and install Zorin OS. It is not detecting Windows.
Steev,
Is Fast Boot disabled in Windows?
Is Secure Boot disabled in UEFI Motherboard settings?
Are you booting from a USB stick with UEFI partition or is the USB botting in legacy (Or Showing one entry for that USB as UEFI and another entry for that USB as just that USB name with no mention of UEFI or Legacy)?

A post was split to a new topic: What do I use to install?

Secure Boot is enabled, I boot via Windows 10 the stick with EFI partition. I have created the stick with Rufus.

Etcher, Balena-etcher, Unetbootin, Rufus, Multiboot USB... We all have our preferences. I can only suggest finding one that you feel fits you best. They all mostly work.
Mostly...

It is best to disable Secure Boot. Even if you end up needing to enable it again later, keeping it enabled during installation can cause a lot of problems.

As @carmar suggested above, you can select Something Else (Etwas Anderes) to open the Partition Manger. In this screen, examine carefully what disks are being recognized - But do not install yet until we know better what is going on.

if I can stick my nose to this topic. what is the secure boot? what do I risk by disabling it?

See #3 here: USB boot install

Secure Boot is a security standard developed by members of the PC industry to help make sure that your PC boots using only software that is trusted by the PC manufacturer. It is supported on modern versions of Windows , and many distributions of Linux and variants of BSD.

Even well known Linux Distros recommend that secure boot is disabled for installation, if ever turned back on. Some well known distros:
Ubuntu, pop!OS, puppylinux, elementaryOS and others recommend disabling this "feature".

EDIT:

If you're still not convinced, read this:

2 Likes

I have just stumbed upon this item which may be of interest to those that have a machine that has a SSD and a bigger HDD onboard. It refers to installing Ubuntu with Root on SSD and Home on HDD. Rufus is the chosen media tool.
I guess ZorinOS can be substituted for Ubuntu and your preffered boot media creation tool can be substituted for Rufus.

Do also have a look at the Comments at bottom of the article though.

2 Likes