No_pubkey 124f149833eaab8e

I can't upgrade to zorin 17 because this message: NO_PUBKEY 124F149833EAAB8E

Thinking this over, it makes me wonder about caching issues.

Can you please try

sudo apt clean && sudo apt autoclean

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

Then test the Zorin OS Upgrader?

You are not the only person that ran into the "no pubkey" error.

hy Aravisian, I've tried what you suggested but it didn't work.

Let's try launching Software & Updates and switching "Download from" to "Main Server".
Close the app and allow it to refresh.

In terminal run

Re-launch Zorin Upgrader and test...

Hi Aravisian, I didn't get how to do this: Let's try launching Software & Updates and switching "Download from" to "Main Server".

In the app menu, if you open the menu, then start typing software it should list several software management applications including Software & Updates.
Click on the Software & Updates app to launch it. In the first open tab (Should be general), you can see "Download From" with a drop down menu next to it. In the drop down menu, select Main Server.

HI, I switched from server Brasil to Main server but the no-pubkey is still there. Is there another thing you could suggest ?

Let's clear the apt cache:

sudo apt clean && sudo apt autoclean

Then

Then test the Zorin Upgrader

I run these commands but the infamous message is stiil there

Can you show the full error so we can see which repository is lacking the pubkey?

n error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: Index of /stable/deb/ stable Release: As assinaturas a seguir não puderam ser verificadas devido à chave pública não estar disponível: NO_PUBKEY 124F149833EAAB8E
W: Falhou ao buscar http://repo.vivaldi.com/stable/deb/dists/stable/Release.gpg As assinaturas a seguir não puderam ser verificadas devido à chave pública não estar disponível: NO_PUBKEY 124F149833EAAB8E
It's in Portuguese

It looks like those relate to Vivaldi Browser. In another thread, we found that after thge upgrade, the users /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory still contained the Focal Sources, not Jammy.

You may have a similar situation.
You might try checking your directory and see if you have focal repos. Any you have, replace with the Jammy repositories. This likely will mean elevating to root, then launching the file manager from the elevated terminal, navigating to /etc/apt/sources.list.d and right click removing focal repos.

Then follow the guides provided by those apps or sources to add the jammy repo.

HI Aravisian, if you could help me how to get to : /etc/apt/sources.list.d. I'm just a simple linux user, with mininal knowledge.

You can launch terminal and run

sudo -i

to elevate to root.
Next, in the terminal, launch your file manager. For Pro and Core users:

nautilus

For Pro Lite and Lite users:

thunar

Nautilus (Core) users will need to click on "Other locations" in the left pane. Then, in the right pane, click on "Computer."
From here, you will land in Root. Double click etc, then double click apt and sources.list.d

Thunar (Lite) users will need to click on the Up arrow on the toolbar twice.
From here, you will land in Root. Double click etc, then double click apt and sources.list.d

pt.conf.d preferences.d sources.list.save trusted.gpg~
auth.conf.d sources.list trustdb.gpg trusted.gpg.d
keyrings sources.list.d trusted.gpg
root@marcelo-System-Product-Name:/etc/apt# cd sources.list.d
root@marcelo-System-Product-Name:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# ls
google-chrome.list
google-chrome.list.save
vivaldi.list
vivaldi.list.save
webupd8team-ubuntu-y-ppa-manager-focal.list
webupd8team-ubuntu-y-ppa-manager-focal.list.save
zorin.list
zorin.list.save
zorinos-ubuntu-apps-focal.list
zorinos-ubuntu-apps-focal.list.save
zorinos-ubuntu-drivers-focal.list
zorinos-ubuntu-drivers-focal.list.save
zorinos-ubuntu-patches-focal.list
zorinos-ubuntu-patches-focal.list.save
zorinos-ubuntu-stable-focal.list
zorinos-ubuntu-stable-focal.list.save
root@marcelo-System-Product-Name:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# ls
google-chrome.list
google-chrome.list.save
vivaldi.list
vivaldi.list.save
webupd8team-ubuntu-y-ppa-manager-focal.list
webupd8team-ubuntu-y-ppa-manager-focal.list.save
zorin.list
zorin.list.save
zorinos-ubuntu-apps-focal.list
zorinos-ubuntu-apps-focal.list.save
zorinos-ubuntu-drivers-focal.list
zorinos-ubuntu-drivers-focal.list.save
zorinos-ubuntu-patches-focal.list
zorinos-ubuntu-patches-focal.list.save
zorinos-ubuntu-stable-focal.list
zorinos-ubuntu-stable-focal.list.save
root@marcelo-System-Product-Name:/etc/apt/sources.list.d#

I manage to get there, but how do I remove focal repos?

You can right click a file and select delete from the context popup menu.

Hi again Aravisian. Let me tell what happened. I did remove all the focal repo and let only the vivald and it was all the same, then I decided to do the other way around, removing the vivald repo and keeping the focal, then it worked and I was able to run the os updater. But after it finished its process and asked me to reboot I had this message
you are in emergency mode, after logging in, type journalctl -xb to view system logs, systemctl reboot, to reboot , systemctl default or exit to boot into default mode
press enter for maintenance

I think something got mixed up somewhere in this thread... It may be because of multiple other threads in which the upgrader had already been run.

Replacing the Focal Repos with Jammy Repos is if the Upgrader had run and completed, not before.

should I format it then