No speakers or headphone jack

hello I am running 16 core (used to be chrome os) and there is no speaker, microphone or headphone jack detection

Bluetooth and HDMI audio works fine but not speakers, microphone or headphone jack

the Chromebook that I am using is an HP model 11-2203TU
detected audio device is: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series High Definition Audio Controller (rev 0e)

You can attempt a driver reinstall and reload to see if it helps (How To Fix Sound Issues On Ubuntu: Troubleshooting For Newbie). Not having that hardware makes it difficult to test if this will work for you.

Did websearch: "Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series High Definition Audio Controller (rev 0e) Ubuntu no sound"
and got: sound - Audio not working Ubuntu 15.04 and Acer ES1-311 - Ask Ubuntu

Not much hope from that.

In the meantime you could open alsamixer in terminal, Hit [F5] to show All channels, then post a screenshot. Normal suggestion would be: Unmute all channels you see and increase levels and see what effect that has. Also can try Disable "Auto-Mute". But from link I posted, that didn't have much effect there.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.