No Wifi Adapter Found after updated zorin-16

1 Like

Mark for removal number 1 and 3

linux-image-5.11.0-43-generic
linux-headers-5.11.0-43-generic

I did but it chose the rest of it on his own!

You can also use DKMS to avoid having to reinstall Wifi Drivers or the Kernel with each update.

Do you have instructions for this and how exactly it is done ;

If you post the output of

sudo lshw -c network

I can probably give you a singular command. Otherwise, you would need to install dkms (sudo apt install dkms), then build the wifi driver from source. It depends on the driver and its availability.

*-network                 
       description: Wireless interface
       product: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
       vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd

capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtw89_pci driverversion=5.11.0-40-generic firmware=N/A ip= :shushing_face: latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
       resources: irq:87 ioport:2000(size=256) memory:d1600000-d16fffff

Ummm... that's generic...

It looks like you need the lwfinger driver built from source, after installing dkms:

sudo apt install dkms

1 Like

It didn't work out, I don't know maybe I did it wrong

More likely I relayed the concept poorly.
DKMS is Dynamic Kernel Module... something... I cannot remember off the top of my head... That echos the correct module, regardless of which kernel you are using. You can see this is quite a boon if you upgrade your kernel, as the module you are using to enable Hardware needs to know the Kernel Version to Look for. You can also see the flaw here; as this behavior should be default.
I believe this hails to an earlier time; when kernels upgraded more slowly. And the Linux users were more often than not; adept rather than novice.

I am jumping into this thread in the middle... I wonder if you may be better off starting a new Thread for the purpose of exploring DKMS (and thus, buying some of us some time to get caught up on existing threads) .
This current thread is marked as solved, with the additional suggestion of DKMS as a proposal, not as a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.