No wifi networks are showing. I need help fixing this or safely uninstalling it

Shut down your system completely.
As soon as turn the system on again, continue pressing this special key till you see the BIOS setting screen.

Will it say bios settings? Or just settings

[quote="Auhw, post:22, topic:5737, full:true"]
Will it say bios settings? Or just settings
[/quote]nevermid I found it what do I do now?

If you are not so sure, you can take a photo with your mobile and upload it here. Click on the picture icon on the tool bar to upload photo.

Can you see something related to the wireless network?
Since all BIOS are machine specific, I can not tell you exactly where that would be.

I am on bios setup utility. I cannot take pictures because the page reloads

OK, never mind the photo.
Do you see anything that says Peripherals?

No. I cant

Can you take a photo of your BIOS with your mobile phone?

I did, but I can't upload it

Upload here.

Then copy/paste the link to the photo in your reply.

Use either keyboard (allow key) or mouse/trackpad and select "Configuration" in menu.

I have Language, Virtualization Technology, Action Keys mode and Battery Remaining time. I have to go to lunch, but I will be back shortly.

OK, bon appétit :slightly_smiling_face:

What makes this particularly tricky is the lack of internet. With at least some kind of net connection, we could install drivers etc.
Mobile phone as hotspot maybe?

You could also take a shot in hte dark to see if the driver is present - but somehow, the kernel did not touch it.

sudo modprobe 8821ce

Indeed, Catch22.
You need to have internet to fix internet.

From the photo of BIOS, I think I found a spec for this laptop.

As with the latest anaemically thin laptops, there is no LAN port. Laptops are more and more getting similar to big mobile phones.

Wow... Looking that over, looks like Zorin 16 may have more luck.

I have tried creating a hotspot, but it didn't work, probably because I use an iPhone 4S

1 Like

This luck of internet connection makes everything so complicated. I have several USB WiFi dongle and USB to LAN connectors at hand for deal with such situation.
But I also know that I do not belong to the so-called main stream :nerd_face: