No wifi networks are showing. I need help fixing this or safely uninstalling it

Any chance you find a USB WiFi dongle?
Someone nerdy like me among your friends?
I can name a name of chipset which always works under Linux.

It responds with "modprobe: FATAL: Module 8821ce not found in directory /lib/modules/5.4.0-47-gene
roc"

I don't think I do.

Yep - would need to download and install it for module prober to see it... It was worth a try...

Since your laptop is quite new, you would stand better chance to install Zorin 16 beta not 15,3.

Is there any chance you create a live USB for Zorin 16 with other working machine?

If there was a link for a flash able version, I could, but I cannot create a flashable version myself. Is there any way that I could uninstall Zorin completely? I did not dual-boot it with Windows.

If your machine came with Windows pre-installed you can reinstall it. This should remove any other OS installed on it. But If you do not have a recovery media, you have to download Windows installer - so it is also Catch 22 :frowning:

Is there a link to a zorin os 16 version that I could just upload to my flash drive and boot from there?

Scroll down to the bottom for download link.
But you need to write this file using bootable USB maker such as Rufus or Unetbootin. If you do not have a working spare machine, you have to ask someone to do it for you.

Thank you so much for helping me so far, I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Ok! I will try it!

So can I reinstall it even after I deleted it?

I am not so sure what you meant by "it".
But certainly you can install any OS on your system. The new installation will simply write over the old OS.

How can I convert an iso to a bootable disc drive
Without getting an app for it?

With great difficulty. You would need an active running computer- or an app for it.
Sending a PM.

I downloaded the file on a public computer, but we are not allowed to install apps on library computers. I can access a working computer.

1 Like

I am not aware of any Online Service that can do it. I did try searching, just in case.
But what about an AppImage or Stand alone app that does not install on the Public Computer?
I Do Not Recommend BalenaEtcher normally... But it does come as an app image version.

On the Download button choose > Etcher For Windows Portable

They are iMacs, so I don't think that would work. I also found a way and got a Linux app image on my laptop, but cannot open it.

Can you use the iMac file manager to Right Click the App image and set the permissions to "Run as Executable"? I do not know anything about iMacs, sorry...

Again, we are not allowed to download apps.