Noise screen during bootup

Anyone facing the issue as attached once your system is fully upto date and when you restart your system and you hit your face with this screen?

Crosslink:

What happens if you boot from a Different Kernel?

Have the same problem after restart or standby as you. Have you solved it yet?

See above...

having the same issue after update, Thinkpad t14s AMD issues after woken up from sleep

The issue above is still persisting on - Linux thinkpad 5.13.0-28-generic #31~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 19 14:08:10 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

You can roll back to the 5.11.0-... kernel, then set it to remain the kernel you boot from, regardless of updates:

Hi,

I got the same problem since a few days. Never met this before. I did some tests without success that ended with a full wipe and clean installation of the laptop (HP Envy x360 Ryzen 7 4700u).
I confirm the issue is still there after the clean install.
I tried :

• Installation of AMD official drivers : noluck
  • old kernel trick : no luck (but as it is a clean install, not sure to have a complete history of kernel to boot to.. )
  • Install openssh-server : the ssh remote is still working even when the screen is noisy. That seems to confirm that it is a X server issue and not a kernel one.

I did use ZOS since a few months without this kind of problem. It really seems to be related to a recent update.

Any thought ?

Regards.

I wouldn't bet on this one...

You might try:

sudo apt install linux-headers-5.8.0-63-generic linux-modules-5.8.0-63-generic linux-modules-extra-5.8.0-63-generic linux-image-5.8.0-63-generic

Boot into the 5.8.0-63 and test.

Thanks, you got it.
I did install kernel 5.8 and booted on. No more noise while waking up the laptop.

Do you know if a fix will be deployed ?

1 Like

Well if you're adventurous you could try with kernel 5.16 and see if it persist.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tuxinvader/lts-mainline -y
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt-get install linux-generic-5.16

Use at your own risk.

Marked Solution. 388

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.