Not working cameras, sound and microphone

Hi, I am in the process of installing Zorin OS on my Lenovo MIIX 320 10ICR with 4GB RAM. Unfortunately, as in:

None of the solutions with me work, as I also have no sound; the microphone does not work and it does not catch the two cameras.

I have absolutely no idea what to do next, I am very green in these matters. I wanted to install Zorin because I was using it on another computer - but there were no problems there.
I would hope for help on how to fix the sound, microphone and cameras.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day!

Can you please create a file in etc/modprobe.d/ to allow for blacklisting a module:

sudo touch /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-audio.conf

Now, open that in a text editor:

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-audio.conf

Add the following line:
blacklist snd_hmdi_lpe_audio
Tap ctrl+o to overwrite, then the enter key to save current configuration. Tap ctrl+x to exist the editor.

Reboot and test sound and mic.

Thank you for your help, but it doesn't help;//
Still no sound and no mic.

I just saw why. There is a typo in it. How embarassing.

This should be:
Add the following line:
blacklist snd_hdmi_lpe_audio

HDMI, not HMDI....

Still nothing:(

Because of course...

I suggest removing that file we created above to ensure it does not conflict with any future attempts.

Lenovo. It has become the most Linux-Unfriendly manufacturer of our time.

Thank you for the effort anyways, I hope there is a solution;//

Yes, I have been searching around. I have seen the same one I suggested earlier posted.
And I have seen nothing else that offers an actual solution.
I have seen a lot of posts and comments about Lenovo being extremely resistant to provide for the Open Source drivers.

Which is concerning. But we will keep looking.

1 Like

I even tried install both Core and Lite versions - but in both the same problem.

Would you mind sharing the output of lshw -c display.

Many sound cards are part of the video card anymore and this may be a video driver issue.

It wouldn't hurt to also provide the output of lshw -c multimedia.

sure:

display:

This link only mentions what we tried already:

This thread solved the issue - but it turned out to be a hardware issue:
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=306711&sid=7588d1360b76888ae4edd77838c60676&start=20

This blog covers that the Lenovo MIIX 320 has standing problems on Linux including Sound issues and webcam not working

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.