Nvidia FYI

I received and installed a newer 2022 GeForce GTX 1630 graphics card today and found what I thought was the appropriate proprietary 535 driver for the card. I installed the selection from the driver utility and rebooted and thought all was well.

When opening the Nvidia settings I found the driver was un-configured. After trying various instructions to configure the driver I checked the Nvidia site to see what driver was recommended and found it was the 550.40.07. This driver was not offered in the driver utility.

I was able to get the driver from the linked testing PPA . Installed,rebooted and all was well. These drivers are in the testing phase, but were a solution for me.
Proprietary GPU Drivers : “Graphics Drivers” team

2 Likes

Got mine as well to my GTX 1070

1 Like

Should note that I tried the open source driver with the GTX 1630 and the screen was bright orange and yellow. :orange_circle::lemon:

Thanks for the share! Hopefully this clears the current issue/topic?

Can you also let us know if you experience any other issues while running that driver?

You're Welcome ! Yes, I'll report back if I see any problems. I'm not sure how long the drivers are tested before they reach the repository.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.