Nvidia settings not loading on bootup

i tried those and now i get xrandr: --addmode requires two arguments. and i switched to the 470 proprierary driver and not the tested one.

I wonder if this will work.. How To Fix Nvidia X Server Settings Not Saving - Linux - YouTube

i will take a look. also would some of my issue also be that my monitors are using display ports instead of hdmi?

that youtube video didn't work either. wonder why it won't see that my monitor can go higher resolutions? i had no problem in windows going to 4k resolutions.Linux won't do it for some reason.

Yep, that is useful information...
Display Ports and the cables leading to and from... Can be limited on their resolution.

Ok..I switched them to HDMI and same thing.guessing Linux doesn't support my monitors.

According to your first post, you are on a desktop computer. I'm not sure which motherboard you have. But one of the things that many people neglect to do, is install their chipset drivers. Your card may support 2K resolutions, and your motherboard may support pushing that resolution, but if their is a lack of chipset drivers, that may cause the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.