Old tech vs. New tech

Yeah, different country, different successes and struggles. Its up to the citizen how to adjust in their convenience to move on. (Just like how I turn my chair to a table. hahahahah. )

1 Like

Ahhhhh, you are a fancy boy! You got a swivel chair! You know what you do in fancy swivel chairs when the boss aint looking?

This is not only a mobile phone with camera also with audio mobile with mp3 isn't audiophil good quality music with real amplifier Klipsch,Sony, Audio-Technica,Philips.
Where the people lost a way hearing a real music example vinyl a plate or good Audeze,Fostex,Beyerdynamic,Sennheiser a headpones ? Tube lamp. The people are blind and thinking they have all in one box mobile? They never experience diffrents. Mobile with many app backdoor or tracking and who know what is there?
The camera in night gived more light to lens what mobile.

I wondering did you count how many linux distribution died or how many is new?
Zorin have a long history from 2009.
How many in future distros will died or exist?
Question is opened feel free to answear.

There are like a thousand Linux distro's, where only maybe a dozen of them are actually good, and only a handful are super good. I am only concerned with the super good ones, and those are.....................

Zorin OS 16 & POP OS 21.04

I only know before are Ubuntu and Mint because those are the one our prof introduce to us, though he said there's a lot.

Just like in camera, other people will not think of those kind of feels. I personally don't mind those stuff. I listen to others radio (neighborhood radio) cause I don't want to buy any radio or stuff to be added to my clean up list. If they turn it off and I want to listen to music, I go to youtube, play anything there. Yeah, youtube which should be just for videos. And I don't go with spotify or its kinds. I can't even see my favorite songs there. Useless. I don't know how many people still think of the brand in general but if you are living in the lower class and middle class society, those brands are useless I bet.

What I'm trying to say, not everyone decided to do it that way. To just use the phone for their everyday living, all in one box.

When I saw my uncle have a dslr before while I only have that time is a 1mp camera cellphone, me and my father search for its amount and its amount here in our place is a salary of a executive. We can already either choose to buy that or buy me a desktop pc so I can work well (anyways both can't afford).

You guys are fortunate that you've got to enjoy your life.

1 Like

I consider us more fortunate having you on the site. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are three choices actually.

(1) Buy DSLR Camera

(2) Buy Desktop Computer

(3) Save Up & Buy Both!

Having said that however, if you are required to prioritize and get something right away because you can't wait, then I would vote for the "Desktop Computer"

Our choice is not to buy after all. Our priority is health and food above all. 3988 dollar for a desktop pc can sustain my 2 years and 6 months maintenance. (though we don't have that money, wish we have, too that's why we only ended up assembling pc. hahahaahahaha)

2 Likes

Mint also from a country Ireland.
About MxLinux what i find.

Firefly motherboard. Interesting for raspberry pi and android.

1 Like

Mostly using stationPC they all working.
Some are very old
Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 model PSAAPE-00H00GN5:

Let's hope that guys apartment doesn't catch fire after he has used the fire extinguisher 'for fun'!

1 Like

Well talking of new tech, (vis-a-vis Notebooks), I now see, that is if I wanted to, order a Notebook with Zorin on it, I would not be able to as we (the UK) are no longer in the EU! Bummer!

1 Like

Check this out: StarLite 12.5-inch Convertible Linux Tablet | Powered by coreboot – Star Labs® - And comes with Zorin preloaded, if you choose! :grin: My next will probably be a Clevo 14 metal one, like my ZenBook - only Linux :smirk: hehehehehe

1 Like

I don't know how many folks, updated Zorin to 16.3, but im liking it so far. First thing I noticed, was a UI font size change, and some other miner UI changes.

I also got my GPU driver updated to 535. Overall, running really smoothly so far. It's also nice to know I have direct upgrade implementation now, sweeeet!

Thank you Zorin team!

1 Like

That StarLite is very interesting... but I wish they still had the previous model available, I found 11" laptops extremely convenient for portability, and it had decent specs. The missing keyboard on this one makes it a very expensive tablet, and even with the admittedly good specs it has there are better options at that price range already. I also wonder how long does the battery really last with such a needlessly high resolution screen.

2 Likes

YOU ARE BACK!
How are you?

1 Like

Though I do agree - what other company is selling Linux tablets; Pine? The Pinetab tells you on the site that it's basically an unfinished product and doesn't fully support using Linux - but you can still buy one lol And your only two options are RISC-V or ARM :expressionless: which kind of says why they're so 'cheap'.. The Star Lite, after setting up what I would purchase - still under $900.00 (1TB NVMe, keyboard, pen). Which, given the current scene in tablet tech - not that bad; have you seen the Surface Pro prices?? Sheeeesh M$ want's that dough! I've seen good things with the Surface stuff and using Ubuntu and others - I lean toward getting brand new devices and setting up what I wanna use (Linux). Lenovo has some compatible tabs that are able to install Ubuntu Touch - tried it out on a used Pixel 3a I picked up off eBay, cheap cheap cheap. Ran fine! Just no 4G VoLTE - so couldn't make calls.. I could text and use data though! Apparently the UTouch team is getting UTouch prepared for 4G VoLTE.. sometime. I've been waiting since 2021 :smirk: I was so ready to ditch Android after I got it installed... then popped my SIM card in and was disappointed immediately :rofl: The biggest hurdle with VoLTE stuff and UTouch - the elusive IMS service that runs VoLTE here in the states... Someone posted a video online with working VoLTE in UTouch - in the states with Mint Mobile.. so I switched - still doesn't work lol .... But I have cheaper service now! :smile: