Plasma on Zorin

1 Like

Just FYI, Tuxedo OS is probably the best KDE Plasma distribution I have used that is based on Ubuntu.

It is a semi-rolling release. The base is the stable Ubuntu LTS and the desktop is the periodically updated Plasma. No Snap packages but it does have Flatpaks.

The benefit is the stable base and recent Plasma. It is not like Neon, they wait for the desktop to be more stable.

I used it on my desktop and laptop. I prefer Mint’s LMDE. It is for Tuxedo laptops but works on other PCs like any other distribution like Pop!_OS.

Just FYI.

2 Likes

Maybe but I Don't like that nation and they products.

I downloaded Tuxedo OS and it just does not run on my PC, not even in live mode, whether DVD or as an .iso on Ventoy.

If you dig enough, you will always find some dirty laundry in the closet. This is true of nations, as well as individuals... Try not to judge too harshly a company based on where they operate from. If you say that you don't like their products, that's fair enough. But at least give the benefit of the doubt to the people working there.

Personally, I normally buy from refurbished markets as much as I can. But lately there are many companies that do things differently, in supporting Linux or right to repair. I have no complaints with my Tuxedo laptop, and I think my next purchase will be from Framework, as I very much like what they are doing. System76 also deserves some respect for standing up to Gnome.

2 Likes

It little created with my familiy and a history WWII but like you sayed we cannot put all people to one a desk.

2 Likes

We can walk out of our history, which is a very different thing from walking away from our history. That which occurred long ago by different people, people now even long dead, is well worth letting go of our emotions of it. We must learn and examine history so that it does not repeat. But those who were to be held accountable are now in the past and the innocent people of today differentiated as not those people.

1 Like

I would only really be against companies from said country still operating in Russia. Only Siemens has done the right thing by pulling out. I do like the fact that with Tuxedo Notebooks you can have your own logo on the lid.

1 Like

We can forgive but not forget. Each generation creates its own history.

2 Likes

This comes with a choice to create the best history that you can. To make your choices to reflect the best of your generation.