Potential bug? Phone repeatedly connects / disconnects USB

Zorin OS 16.3 Core
Linux HP-Laptop 5.15.0-91-lowlatency #101~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT

I've noticed this a few times... when I plug in my phone (/e/Solutions Murena Teracube 2e Emerald running Android 12 version 1.18-e-20231207360611-stable-emerald (07 Dec 2023)) via USB, its icon doesn't show on the desktop, and the file manager shows it's constantly connecting / disconnecting.

If I go to the notification pulldown on the phone, it shows "USB file transfer turned on - Tap for more options". If I tap that, select "None", then select "File Transfer" again, it'll stay solidly connected and the desktop icon shows.

Further, my phone automatically dials back on the battery charge after it's been sitting on USB for awhile... I've noticed that it doesn't do that when the above problem presents, but as soon as I fix the above problem, the phone starts dropping battery charge back toward 80% (the notification light comes on at 50% maximum illumination to show that battery SoC limiting is in effect).

If this a phone problem, or a Zorin OS problem?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.