Power Options / Suspend

Hello . New user here .

I recently install 15.3 Core on an older HP Desktop . Things seem to be running smoothly except when I try to put the PC to sleep .

Under the Suspend/Power button I am given a choice to choose either one . I highlight Suspend , yet when I hit the power button , the computer turns off instead .

Also , given the choice , I have automatic suspend turned on and set to 15 minutes , but the PC does not go to sleep at all .

It’s only been a few days since I’ve installed Zorin and everything else is going well so far . I’m a new Linux user and therefore not very familiar with the terminal yet . Any suggestions on how I can put the PC to sleep , either with or without the terminal , would be appreciated .

Thank You .

For the suspend/power button issue, try dconf-editor (alt+F2 and type dconf-editor in the box that appears). If you don’t have it, use sudo apt install dconf-tools to get it. In the editor go to org/gnome/settings-daemon/plugins/power/power button action. Here, toggle off the default value.
See if that fixes it.

For auto suspend, try sudo bash -c "sleep 15m; pm-suspend" in terminal (ctrl+alt+t).

Thank You Very Much .