Printer issues

When I first installed Zorin, I connected my Brother HL-L2390DW printer with a USB cable and I was able to print successfully without any effort. Later, I tried to get wireless printing working, so I downloaded a few Linux drivers from Brother's website, and I tried a few things but I never quite got it working properly. And now, the printer isn't printing at all. It just spews out blank pages continuously when I try to print.

How would I find and remove any printer drivers/software that I manually installed, and try a clean new install from Brother's website, which says "The tool will install LPR, CUPSwrapper driver and scanner driver (for scanner models)." I'm hoping that everything (including wireless printing) will work seamlessly after installing the manufacturer drivers.

Best way that I know of, is to install Synaptic Package Manager. You can use it to search for the software you installed and remove it. There is a bit of a learning curve for beginners to use it, but its literally the best and easiest way that I can think of.

Also, you can find Synaptic Package Manager in the Software Store. Once installed, don't forget to close the Software Store before you begin using Synaptic. Remember, only one package manager can run at a time.

You can learn how to use Synaptic from Youtube video's if you want demonstration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marked solution. 230