Printer Multiple Copies

I have Zorin OS-16 desktop with Ethernet connection to HP Multi-function LaserJet printer. In order to get the scanner to work I did a whole bunch of things recommended by the HPLIP team, including finally removing HPLIP altogether. Now the connections are "driverless", and both printer and scanner work -- EXCEPT: when I ask for multiple copies of a print job, I only get ONE. My laptop, also with Zorin OS-16, has the same issue: ask for 2 copies, you get one. Anyone know how to get multiple copy printing to work with driverless printer connection?

A driverless printer means exactly that, no drivers, no functions. What model is the all-in-one please?

Thinking it fell back on CUPS?

From experience on different distros you can't do anything, not even duplex. From what I can tell the kernel just recognises what model you have. Never been a big fan of CUPS and noobs could find it daunting. The problem with HP like some other manufacturer's, they don't provide Linux Drivers (you think they would with their joint funding of the Gnome Project!). I would launch Printer Settings via the terminal with:

sudo system-config-printer

which launches effectively the more familiar CUPS GUI interface and not the web page interface which I detest.

As it is an HP networked printer I would search for network printer using the HP jet direct option and enter the IP address of the printer, the other setting of 9100 should be left as is. This should then pick up the printer and provide all functionality for the printer but it won't sort out the scanner issue.

2 Likes

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn

i DID THIS AND IT WORKED; PRINTER WILL DO MULTIPLE COPIES, AND THE SCANNER STILL WORKS TOO -- THANKS VERY MUCH.

1 Like

It is something I learned from a post on the now defunct PearOS forum. Glad you got sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.