Problem with Firefox

When open a firefox have that problem.
Best uninstall and then install again?

Yes, be sure to remove any configuration files prior to reinstalling.

This solution?

You can remove firefox with:

sudo apt remove --purge firefox

The configuration files are ~/.mozilla and in /etc/firefox usually.
Removing those two directories (The /etc/firefox must be removed with Root, so sudo su then nautilus to elevate the file manager. Zorin OS Lite users can sudo su then thunar ) are all you need to do.

1 Like

Don't helped uninstalled and installed chromium.

Are you using the Firefox that was installed initially on the system?

If so, uninstall it, and install Firefox directly from Firefox using the tarball. I've been using it that way for years and don't have a 1/4 of the issues as others do. There are simple to follow instructions right on Firefox's website about installing it.

1 Like

I am tired. Zorin or another things always have the same problem. Zorin using some app or software what are from another companies and sometime they working good and sometimes they stop working.
The most important Zorin is stable.
The problem software sometimes kicked my ***.
After using 4 days it gived me error with webbrowser. So installing and uninstalling don't helped with a solution @Aravisian and thunar or nautilus delete folders with root priviliges. Then installing chromium with snap. Yes that is correct snap because they are in software store Zorin. I don't have a choice and always reading here that is good that is not good for installing. I am very confuse.

If it works for you, then who cares what others say? :wink:

2 Likes

@Aravisian on details when firefox crashed i found that.
GraphicsCriticalError: |[0][GFX1-]: glxtest: VA-API test failed: failed to initialise VAAPI connection. (t=0.734982)

You might try:

sudo apt install intel-media-va-driver intel-media-va-driver-non-free

Problem with packages.
intel-media-va-driver is already the newest version (20.1.1 + dfsg1-1).
Some packages could not be installed. This could mean
that an impossible situation was requested or an unstable distribution was used
in which some packages have not yet been created or moved
from the Incoming directory.
The following information may help resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
intel-media-va-driver-non-free: Conflicts with: intel-media-va-driver but 20.1.1 + dfsg1-1 is to be installed
E: Could not fix problems, corrupt packages stopped.

Used that command
bash -c "$(wget -O - https://apt.llvm.org/llvm.sh)"
from here https://apt.llvm.org/

Did it help?

Not to much. Firefox working ok before i mean version earlier but on mint working without problems.

1 Like

I experienced the same thing as you last month. I tried reinstalling it and it lasted a few days then had the same thing again.

I was forced to remove the apt version and switch to the flatpak version and it's safe until now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.