Problem with installing f.lux

Hi, it's my first post. I tried to install f.lux, looking on instructions provided here:

Firstly i tried these instructions in Terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/flux
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install fluxgui

However i received this error: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/nathan-renniewaldock/flux/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a Release file. Then i tried manual installation by entering commands below:

sudo apt-get install python3-pexpect python3-distutils gir1.2-ayatanaappindicator3-0.1 gir1.2-gtk-3.0 redshift
sudo apt-get install git python-appindicator python-xdg python-pexpect python-gconf python-gtk2 python-glade2 libxxf86vm1  libcanberra-gtk-module

Unfortunately sudo apt-get install git python-appindicator python-xdg python-pexpect python-gconf python-gtk2 python-glade2 libxxf86vm1 libcanberra-gtk-module results in:

E: Unable to locate package python-appindicator
E: Unable to locate package python-gconf
E: Unable to locate package python-gtk2
E: Unable to locate package python-glade2

How to download these packages?

Hi and welcome!

As mentioned in this other thread, flux is not very well maintained anymore (it's the very first warning you see in the readme). I suggest you switch to Redshift instead which is what flux uses under the hood anyway:

2 Likes

This means that the project does not have a release for this version.
To put this in comparison with an example...
Ubuntu 16.04 was named Xenial, Ubuntu 18.04 was named Bionic, Ubuntu 20.04 was named Focal.
Let's say that a developer for a project uploaded their project into the version Xenial, and then updated it for BIonic, but before Focal, he moved on to other projects and stopped maintaining and updating this one, then he would not have uploaded an update for Focal causing there to be no release file for Focal.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.