Problem with Lexar USB on Zorin OS 16

Hello, I am having an issue with my Lexar USB. When I plug it into Zorin OS 16, nothing happens. The USB is visible in Disk Manager, but I am unable to perform any input/output functions or format the device. I tried formatting through Terminal but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thank you.

Was this USB stick used to install ZorinOS. If so did you use Balena Etcher which is known to mess up some USB sticks?
This may help: Etcher broke my USB stick … or did it?

1 Like

Was this USB stick used to install ZorinOS.

NO

actually I accidentally pulled out the USB during formatting, and now I am unable to perform any input/output functions on it

I face this issue

Thanks zab ..... very interesting read you linked to in your post .... although I personally have had no problem with BE in the past I also only use SanDisk thumb drives ..... years ago I bought the cheapest one's I could find but learned my lesson .... I do have a drive in a Titanium case from about 1990's but it is only 1 gig and slower than molasses .... but it still works ..... :grinning:

Try Formatting via " Disks " or use " gparted ".
If your trying to recover data try , programs like " Disk digger " < my old goto windows program. try looking in " software store " if needed.

1 Like

The formatting via disk or gparted is not possible as the USB is not being recognized. This suggests that the USB may be damaged and it may be time to consider purchasing a new one

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.