Problem With Screenshot

Since going to Z17 Pro I can't take screenshots in my Steam game any more using Cinnamon DE ...... I can however take them using Gnome Desktop on Xorg .... I would rather not switch back to Gnome to play my game .....

Any ideas ?????

Install a screenshot tool for Cinnamon maybe?

First, why do you say you cannot?
I know that Steam saves their screenshots in the steam folders, not in the user Pictures directory, which is why I ask.

Cinnamon has always placed any screenshots from Steam Games in my Pictures Folder which in turn displays them in XnView MP my photo viewing apt ..... all other screenshots are going there now as they should ....

Gnome places them in the in the Screenshots Folder in Pictures Folder and a Screenshots Folder in XnView MP no problem .....

I did change my the default Shortcut from Print to Super/Tab as I don't have a Print on this keyboard which may have caused a problem .... but I did that months ago ...... all normal screenshots other than in Steam Games work just fine .....

I can only guess that this took place when I switched from Z16 Pro to Z17 Pro because will all the problems I had with the updater and other stuff I didn't do any gaming .... and I haven't had to take any screenshots while gaming in Steam until just recently .....

Does your shortcut of super-tab still work for other screenshots?

Yes it does ..... only problem is with taking a screenshot while playing a game on Steam ..... I might also add that there is no indication that a screenshot was taken .... no screen flash on either my mini keyboard or the keyboard on my Asus laptop ..... I thought it might be a keyboard problem .....

I'm still checking into a few more things and I'll get back to you ....

Here's an update on what I have found out about the screenshots on Steam ...... first my Cinnamon set up which works fine on everything but Steam .....

Shutter was on so I turned it off as I believe I'm using Gnome Screenshot .....

System Settings - System - Screenshot

Yesterday I managed to take 6 screen shots without knowing it as there was no indication that they had been taken ..... this is what they all look like .... by the way it is of my home screen .... not the Water Buffalo I had just shot in the game on Steam ....

My home screen .....

How can a screen shot while playing a Steam game show a washed out photo of my home screen ????? .....

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.