Problems with Mouse

I'm not sure the exact mechanics but I think it interferes with the draw on top and the overlay functions in xorg/Wayland. I noticed this behavior in the past when conky wouldn't draw on top of the desktop my menu didn't work either and it was Nvidia/intel driver switching related and going to performance mode fixed it for me back then but that was on Mint 17.

2 Likes

A mouse dealing with a cat called nVidia!

1 Like

Probably not the mouse. I occasionally have right menu go missing, desktop icons disappear as well as login box.

Cleaning the memory and slots seems to help.

Thank you for your suggestion but that isn't to easy on a laptop but I will keep that in mind .... how ever the switch to Zorin video driver seems to do the trick as this is the 2 full day of use 10 hrs per day so that is a total of 20 hours of non problematic mouse use ......

I think you meant Nouveau drivers. Zorin has no input to these. :wink:

1 Like

OK I'm ready after two days to change the settings for my NVIDIA Video card .... how or where do I find the NVIDIA X Server Settings ..... ?????

OK nothing seems to work for me as suggested on the Ubuntu website .... so I guess I'll just wait for help ..... I did manage to download the and install the NVIDIA Settings ...... photo 1 ..... but it won't open .... do I need to put the NVIDIA drivers back on my laptop ????? .... I suspect so .....

I deleted the 3 failed attempt photos as they serve no purpose ....

Have you tried:
alt+F2
Enter in, nvidia-settings then tap the enter key.

1 Like

I figured it out I didn't have any NVIDIA Drivers installed ..... DUH ..... anyway the profile was set on NVIDIA On Demand .... so I changed it to NVIDIA (Performance Mode) as I don't know what the setting were .... so I'll try this and if it doesn't work try another one ...

There are a lot more settings using performance Mode

So now it becomes a waiting game ......

1 Like

Just checked that and it will work also if the dummy had loaded a NVIDIA Driver that is ..... :nerd_face:

I'm back using NVIDIA 515 (proprietary, tested) .... which is what I had before I switched to Nouveau drivers to test the mouse .....

Just an update ..... mouse worked flawlessly yesterday afternoon for about 4 hours of pretty hard usage ...... and continues this morning so I'm going to give it all today and if no problems mark this thread "solved" ..... my new corded Corsair gaming mouse (6 button) should be arriving any day now so we'll see how that goes also .....

I have learned a lot looking at and reading about mice that work with Linux .... Corsair and Razer products (like the Razer Deathadder V2 Mini Gaming Mouse) have downloadable programs that will allow their products to work with Linux ..... Logitech says some of it's mice work with Linux but I'm not sure by what means ..... others may work also but I did run across any .....

Just because a certain product says it will work with Linux doesn't make it so ..... some manufactures are honest and will put in real small print that although there product will work with Linux the side buttons will not .... so your 4 + button mouse becomes a cheap 2 button mouse .....

1 Like

Well it looks like this problem was solved .... if perchance it should occur in the near future I will reopen or start a new thread .....

Thank you Mr seanhinkley for your strange but successful solution ....

Also thank you Aravisian and all the others for your help and suggestions both in is thread and in the other threads I posted dealing with this problem ....

New mouse should be here next week so hopefully I can have my gaming side buttons back but if not at least I have a functioning mouse to use ....

Thanks to all again ..... :+1: :beers: :beers: :beers:

2 Likes

Great! glad we were able to sort it out.

1 Like

Just got notified that my new Corsair Mouse is out for delivery today ..... :crossed_fingers:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.