PS4 Controller cant connect

Hi everybody, anyone have any luck getting the PS4 controller working with Steam, I can get it to work with a usb cable but cannot seem to get it working through bluetooth

1 Like

Update: Just fixed it. It's required to install the Steam Controller udev rules on a Linux-based OS to allow Steam to access your device. Open Terminal and type "sudo apt install steam-devices". Reboot Steam and reconnect DS4, should detect now.

1 Like

Thanks for this post, as I was having a unique issue. I was able to connect a Voyee controller(XBOX 360 design), and the computer detected my controller, and Steam was able to use my controller in BIG PICTURE MODE, but I wasn't able to get Dirt Rally 2.0 to detect it.

I just pre-ordered a PowerA Enhanced (Xbox One design) controller in hopes of getting Dirt Rally 2.0 to detect it, hopefully the new controller will work with Linux just fine too. It should, since it just uses xbox driver support.

But just incase, I ran your code in terminal just to make sure I have required libraries or whatever it is that is needed.

1 Like