Pulseeffects wont start on login, sound mutes when pulseeffects closes

Hello, I downloaded z16 core on my hp elitebook 845 G7 a few weeks ago, everything is running great except the sound, it was very tinny with almost no lows or mids when listening to spotify, youtube, etc.

I downloaded pulseeffects and have set it up so that I like the sound on one of my presets, and have toggled on start service at login, however, it doesn't. I still get tinny sound until I open pulseeffects and when I close it but continue with spotify or youtube the sound cuts off a few seconds later.

Looking for any solution that allows me to have good sound as soon as I startup, without an app running in the background, does not have to include pulseeffects, or could be a fix for it.

Also wondering if this tutorial would help?

1 Like

I'm using pulseeffects 4.8.7

Have you considered ditching Pulse for ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)?

1 Like

Starting from basics,

pulseaudio --kill
pulseaudio --start

Also try,

sudo apt install --reinstall lsp-plugins && reboot

or maybe a reset will work,

sudo apt install --reinstall pulseeffects

had not really thought of it, im under the impression pulse is simpler and runs by default.

Thank you for this, no change with any of these commands.

when I run dpkg -s pulseeffects I get this

Package: pulseeffects
Priority: optional
Section: sound
Installed-Size: 5197
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com
Architecture: amd64
Version: 4.7.1-2
Depends: gir1.2-gst-plugins-bad-1.0, gstreamer1.0-adapter-pulseeffects, gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad, gstreamer1.0-plugins-good, gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio, pulseaudio, dconf-gsettings-backend | gsettings-backend, libatkmm-1.6-1v5 (>= 2.24.0), libboost-filesystem1.71.0, libc6 (>= 2.29), libcairomm-1.0-1v5 (>= 1.12.0), libgcc-s1 (>= 3.0), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.39.4), libglibmm-2.4-1v5 (>= 2.54.0), libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-0 (>= 1.0.0), libgstreamer1.0-0 (>= 1.12.5), libgtk-3-0 (>= 3.21.4), libgtkmm-3.0-1v5 (>= 3.24.0), libpangomm-1.4-1v5 (>= 2.42.0), libpulse0 (>= 0.99.1), libsigc++-2.0-0v5 (>= 2.8.0), libsndfile1 (>= 1.0.20), libstdc++6 (>= 9)
Recommends: calf-plugins (>= 0.90.0), gstreamer1.0-autogain-pulseeffects, gstreamer1.0-convolver-pulseeffects, gstreamer1.0-crystalizer-pulseeffects, liblilv-0-0, mda-lv2, rubberband-ladspa, zam-plugins
Description: Audio effects for PulseAudio applications
PulseEffects is an advanced system-wide equalizer that works with
PulseAudio. It can apply system-wide effects to all running application
or selected apps.
PulseEffects also provides many pre-defined sound effects for PulseAudio
input and output.
Original-Maintainer: Debian Multimedia Maintainers debian-multimedia@lists.debian.org
Homepage: GitHub - wwmm/easyeffects: Limiter, compressor, convolver, equalizer and auto volume and many other plugins for PipeWire applications

Im wondering if it has anything to do with priority being optional?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.