Question on Updates

I guess I'm getting a bit paranoid .... or am I ..... but after wiping and reinstalling Zorin again for the 4 time in two weeks ..... I tweaked my update downloads to only show security updates .... I think .....

So today I get a update request that mentioned a Snap install .... I don't want Snap or anything to do with Snap on my machine .... a personal choice only .....

Am I correct in assuming that if the box is not checked it will not be downloaded ????? ..... or does it install all items shown ????

My laptop is running the best it has ever run with no problems what so ever .... well maybe one .... my printer has disappeared again and no matter what I do I can't get it back ..... but that is a topic for another thread ..... so I don't even want to update my kernel ...... as last time I did had some real driver problems .... which have since been eliminated ....

The first photo is of my present update configuration and the second is the update request I got today with Snap listed in it ....

You can check the box for gnome-software-common

If you leave the Snap Support box unchecked, it will not be downloaded and installed.
But you can run

sudo apt remove --purge snapd

to remove the problem entirely and prevent it trying to receive updates.

1 Like

Thanks again .... Snap now removed .....

Is this for Cinnamon ???? ... if it is I can't find it on Software & Updates ......

It is for the Gnome Software Store.

1 Like

Interesting my store seems to MIA ..... Oh well I don't use it anyway .....

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.