Realtek USB NIC not found by Zorin

I can see the point of Ventoy as far as Z16 Core goes. You could have r1, r2, r3, r4 all on one USB :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ideally, smaller the better IMO so I don't catch on something when I am moving my laptop around. FYI, I downloaded Pop-OS and tried to run it to see if it would pick up my USB NIC device. It didn't either so I am guessing this card is not a mainstream NIC.

1 Like

POP OS is based on Ubuntu 21.04 Hirsute, it uses Gnome Shell 3.38, and Linux kernel 5.13.0.

Zorin OS is based on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal, it uses Gnome Shell 3.38, and uses kernel 5.11.38.

As they are both based on Ubuntu, that right there is probably the main reason why. Smaller the better you say, then you will be going with the very affordable unit from TP-Link. Enjoy! :slightly_smiling_face:

Give consideration to antenna gain of these small units, particularly if you are usually some distance away from your WiFi Router.

Yep, I would recommend not being more then 30-feet away from the router with the smallest dongle. The medium sized one can probably handle 50 feet away. But the biggest ones with the dual antenna's should be able to handle 100 feet distances or more.

It also depends on the power of the WIFI unit in the router too. Most routers do not shoot a signal beyond 100 feet unless they are those super fancy Star Wars looking routers.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marked solution. 259