Recycle Bin does not show that files are inside

Hello,

what could be the reason that the recycle bin does not signal that deleted files are in it?

Just to confirm, you mean the Trash bin, correct?
You deleted some files and they are not inside the Trash bin?

Yes I mean the garbage can.

No you are in the trash can.

Only the icon “Icon” on the desktop does not show that it contains files.

Ok, I’m going off the understanding that when you click the Trash icon on your desktop, you cannot see any files.
Can you open a Nautilus window and press Ctrl+H and then navigate to /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Trash/files and tell me if you see the deleted files? You can also press Ctrl+L while in Nautilus and copy and paste that path (you have to replace USERNAME with your username).

I mean this

Are you referring to Windows? If that is so then I don’t know why that would be the case.

Yes I thought that Linux shows the same when files are in the bucket and when there are no files in the bucket a different icon is shown.

1 Like

Not with the default icon. There may be tweaks that you can install to allow you to see that way but I am not familiar with them since I use default Zorin settings (yes, I am that boring :slightly_smiling_face: )
However, someone else may opine on such tweaks, as to whether there are any and if so how they can be downloaded and installed.