Release Zorin OS 16

1 MORE FREAKING DAY.....

Please don't take that as yelling, although it kinda is...
I was teasing myself over the weekend. Like watching a beautiful dancer through thick glass, where you can see but not touch. (Figure it not PC to say stripper. Although in my mind, I think of Chris Farley and laugh..)

funny dancing gif 5

Watched the reviews on Pro - Linux for Everyone, TechHut, Total OS Today...
I don't know why I did that to myself. Yet again, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer...

2 Likes

I have a large shop grinder. I'm just saying... offering to help. You know...

3 Likes

May make too big a mess...lol Plus, dull knives are safer. The ole if I had half a brain I might be dangerous line...

Something else I'm looking forward to seeing. When doing the install you have a choice between a Normal Install (which is everything) or a Minimal Install.
If the Minimal Install this is what I think it is (without all the packages which many of us don't use, and gives us Core, but with all 8 layout options and the other perks) I'll be ecstatic..
That also tells me they listen to those of us that have mentioned the added Bloat prior. I'll know hopefully within 24 hours...lol

4 Likes

Today is the middle of August. The final version of zorin os 16 hasn't appeared yet. :smiley:

1 Like
1 Like

The 15.3 release tweet was earlier, so hopefully around this time :wink:

Link: https://twitter.com/ZorinOS/status/1303651377210691584

My location: Germany, so if I'm not wrong my timezone is UTC +2

3 Likes

Everything is now backup'ed and now to the thrilling waiting time :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Oh baby don't it feel like heaven right now
Don't it feel like somethin' from a dream
Yeah I've never known nothing quite like this
Don't it feel like tonight might never be again
Baby, we know better than to try and pretend
Baby no one could have ever told me 'bout this, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah

The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part........

I always think of Tom Petty at times like this....
Figured them being in Ireland, me in the US, time difference, it would've been up by now... Oh well, maybe after work.. Yet again, I am waiting for Lite as well and that should be what, 2, 3 weeks out...?

whelp! 17 Aug is the same day as my country independence day! what a perfect gift for a celebration!

6 Likes

Wondering if they overslept, or forgot what today is. Does anyone have their # and could maybe give them a call...?

Happy Independence Day ryu_joko.

5 Likes

Yeah, no words from them, no media coverage, nothing :frowning:

2 Likes

TREASURE HUNT ?

I'm not finding a link on Zorin's Download Page for 16 Pro... perhaps it's a treasure hunt to find the hidden download button :mag:.

The Blog post doesn't have any updated info either:

I can picture @AZorin and @zorink with heads-on their workstations passed-out from exhaustion and stress. Hopefully they'll wake-up soon and update the download page with Z16 Pro :zorin:.

1 Like

For those really eager to get the latest ISO image before the site is fully updated I have found the download link at https://zrn.co/16core64 by replacing '15' with '16' which seems to work.

2 Likes

Hmm..Sources?

Where I am, it is still Morning time of August 17th. Patience.

1 Like

Its 8 PM here.

One hour remaining!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Is this official?