[Released 12/9/21] Zorin OS 16 Lite?

XFCE team released XFCE 4.16 after the release of Xubuntu 20.04 upon which Zorin OS 16 Lite would be based.
ZorinGroup opted to include XFCE 4.16 in Zorin OS 16 Lite, rather than the installed 4.14 that comes with Xubuntu 20.04

1 Like

XFCE4 version 4.16 this month.

Didn't 4.16 get released in December 2020?

1 Like

https://www.xfce.org/about/tour416
Yes indeed 2020 i opened more text

1 Like

I remember reading something about a change in XFCE recently, just can't remember what it was, so I asked. A change in 4.16 itself?

Hitting head on wall trying to remember....

XFCE 4.16 introduces CSD's on XFCE application windows, rather than the XFWM4 window manager being used.

3 Likes

Is there a version Beta of Zorin 16 Lite for testing ?

1 Like

I am not aware of a Beta Version.
Given the progress of Zorin OS Lite development, I can assure you that you do not have very long to wait.
So don't go placing your bets for a release landing within next year.

4 Likes

StarTreker created the following thread, Merry Christmas Zorin Users! Zorin OS 16 LITE! christmas_tree. So I truly believe it's going to be out before Christmas Day. I'm going to guess Christmas Eve Day. For that would be a terrific present for those who are looking for last minute great deals online..lol

3 Likes

Well, I quit thinking about Lite and just started enjoying Pro. If Lite ever gets released, I'll think about it . . . but for now, Pro works very well.

3 Likes

I am going to guess (again) hmmm.... Dec 15. Just a guess. :grin:

3 Likes

I have a direct line with Santa, as we work together to make other's happy during the holiday season. Just want to make a point that miracles do happen. :wink:

2 Likes

I totally agree with you on this point. In the past, I guess you could say I enjoyed Lite so much more, that when it was released I'd just install that over Core. This is the longest I've ever been on Core (Ultimate/Pro), and it's been an enjoyable experience as far as Everything working. Not 1 issue that couldn't be resolved with a simple fix/adjustment. And aesthetically, very, very pleased as well.
These Zorin fellows seem to do darn good work... With this said, I still want Lite...lmao

4 Likes

Hello to everyone!
This is my very first post here and I am happy to announce, that Zorin OS Lite 16 has been released!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

9 Likes

Way ahead of you hehe

Merry Christmas @kaktus07 :blush:

PS: I did to update my profile! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Jeff has not exploded yet. He will in 5,4,3,2,1

4 Likes

!!!POOF!!!

Head Explode Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

OMG... me right now!
https://youtu.be/_94viw75ulc

2 Likes

Congratulations and Thank you, Team Zorin. It is indeed a great day.

Oh, I exploded alright...Hahaha.. I was in ecstasy earlier. But unfortuantely, had a water heater that also exploded today... and isn't it ironic, don't you think..
It's a traffic jam when you're already late
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the woman of my dreams
And then meeting her darn lucky husband.... Yeah, had to change it...

May Lite shine upon all, and all be happy... Cause I know I am..

7 Likes