[Released 12/9/21] Zorin OS 16 Lite?

Hmm, TDodd?

You realize that's what forum notifications are for right? And if you set it up for your OS to receive notifications from the browser, you'll see them there.

You silly man you haha.

And Jeff........We really need to talk. So I'm going to have you come in on Saturday for your therapy session, that would be great.

:rofl:

2 Likes

I would.... however... Coaching 9yr old soccer. Who knows how that'll go if Lite isn't out yet... Just hope it's not news, viral worthy....lol

1 Like

I know how it will go, someone on your sons team will miss the goal when they go to kick it in. Youll leap out of the bleachers, run across the field, go to the ball, and kick it in the goal.

Then you will say, "That is how you kick a ball into a goal, if you screw it up again, I am benching you myself"

2 Likes

I just wanna ask if there is an ETA for the release of Zorin OS 16 Lite?

2 Likes

No ETA that I know of for right now...

1 Like

Oh :frowning:

2 Likes

I am going to guess a random date and see how close I get. Hmmm.... October 17 for Lite release.

3 Likes

Kids got yelled at today. Ran a lot of laps....lol

Monday, Please, On Monday.....

3 Likes

I understand. For myself, too much whiskey being drinking too much time dreaming

2 Likes

Good things can't be rushed.

3 Likes

Jeff, they were on your lawn again weren't they? I keep telling you to setup automated defense turrets that shoot water. They can easily track with the awesome 4K camera tech we got now days. Add some infrared for night time use.

Or, if you want to get really fancy, you could set them up to key on micro changes in air density.

Just remember, use water, not live rounds. But it would be freaking hilarious. HAHA

2 Likes

The kids I coach for soccer, 9/10 yrs olds. lol
After every lap, I'd check my cell, no release email, I'd just say 'Again'. Just like
in the movie 'Miracle'... haha

I know I don't need to keep the taskbar at the top in GNOME, but if I'm going to move it to the bottom, I might as well just use KDE and not have to customize anything at all. In fact, that's what I've been doing, as KDE also has better Hibernate support across various distros, and I consider Hibernate to be a make-or-break feature for any OS running on a laptop.

I don't know why I feel compelled to keep trying different desktop environments, honestly. KDE has always been the best one in my opinion -- an opinion now reinforced by 2 decades of experimentation.

XFCE does pretty well, though. Maybe when Zorin 16 Lite comes out...

1 Like

It's my fault Lite is not out yet. That's because I'm waiting for it, and
Kyrill is personally keeping it from me. Sure, he has no idea who I am. But in my warped mind, he's behind this. He's probably at the pub right now having a pint telling the lads, "Oh it's done, but there's this fella across the pond who's waiting impatiently, so keep him waiting I say", as he laughs out loud.

OK, this is pure fiction... Or is it...? Hmmm.

4 Likes

Jeff, I wonder if your the kind of guy, that when you see a squirrel you do this...

Watch to end, its short!

1 Like

LMAO.... I loved that scene. Gnats also distract me....

(Tried to do 5 likes)

1 Like

LOL What is with all these gnats? Does not the big chief up stairs got enough of them? Why they always bothering me? The life of a JeffK969 never ends. :joy:

1 Like

Zorin OS 16 / 17 August 2021; 48 days ago

In case anyone was curious... I can't be alone in this....

Jeff waiting for lite, will he ever win the fight? If only he can hold out for one more night, with such great patience, I think he just might.

2 Likes

I think we have got our hands full already with Z16 Core/Pro queries. Hopefully that will not be compounded when Lite is released.

1 Like