[Released 12/9/21] Zorin OS 16 Lite?

Will there be a beta of lite version?

1 Like

Oh, it will Zabadabadoo..!!! But that was funny...lol Or maybe, that's why delayed, making all the fixes to make it special, the Best...

You are not alone. I am going crazy!! :laughing:

2 Likes

I even have a new hard drive setup and ready to install lite on , , , oh the wait - aaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggg!

2 Likes

When will Zorin 16 lite release? Will it take a month or 2 or 3 ? Because there are many of my & my friends' old laptops waiting for lite.

Jeff is predicting October 17th, but take that with a grain of salt, as their has been no release date as of yet. There was however a rumor that LITE would release this winter. But you know how rumors are, don't believe what you hear. For now, we will go off of Jeff's predictions that has not a shread of evidence to support it. LOL!

This is a very good point and a good reason why ZorinGroup could stand to update users on a general timeframe - or at least check in - every week or even every two weeks.
Currently, there have been no dates set as to a release for Zorin OS 16 Lite. I can tell you that development is in progress. I have watched the merges and uploads going on, noted that XFCE 4.16 is being used, instead of Ubuntu 20.04's 4.14 version.
Aside from that; no official word has been given.

1 Like

My largest complaint against the Zorin brother's, was always their lack of communication, its sad to see after all this time, it continues to be a thing. I think they are great guys don't get me wrong! The Zorin brother's are super stars :stars: :stars:

But, having said that however, they do have one major flaw, LACK OF COMMUNICATION. And that is something I'd really appreciate, if they worked on that within themselves. And started offering monthly major updates, and weekly little snippet updates on how things are going.

I personally don't think its asking a lot, I think its asking the right amount. In the words of the guy who rides that animal in Star Wars Mandalorian...........................

I Have Spoken

1 Like

Elvis has left the building! :smiley:

Hi Storm, I been missing you! You and FrenchPress just up and left and I was like what the heck? I was like, is there something going on internally and I don't know about, and I of course being Peter in Office Space, I didn't get the memo.

Dang it, I should have put the cover sheet on my TPS report. Yep, here he comes, and he's got his coffee mug in hand too, you know its gonna be bad. :joy:

Never left. I was moving to a new apartment and need to wait for internet provider to get me up and running :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh wow, you know the rule whenever you get a new net connection, you gotta speed test that connection, and post a screenshot. HEHE

Also, how is the new apartment? Do you like it? Is it clean? How many rooms? Hopefully its modern, and not only of those 1970's 1980's apartments that never been renovated.

No rats? Leo Decaprio would appreciate, he talked about them in Titanic. Hardly any rats he said, talking about Stewrige accomodations. Back in the day when things were constructed according to class.

My internet speed most recently tested. Should be 90MB, but my provider shortchanged me that last 1MB just to annoy me lol.

Zorin 16 Lite is near its release since zorin appearance got updated to version 4.1.6 about 15 hours ago and its changelog says that it includes increased support for xfce and a new banner to try zorin pro lite.

1 Like

I "only" got a 200/20 MBit connection. I moved out in the country. Before that I had 1000/1000 Mbit connection. The apartment is renovated from 1984, new kitchen etc. No rats
Here's my hobby room with my main computer;

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, I love it! The room is very clean! I am so glad it got renovated, thank goodness! Looks like it brings in more then enough light during the day that you don't have to worry about wasting money on lighting!

I also love your glass desktop, that has some sexy character to it. Your chair has been to the edge of the abyss and back again, so its got character too. I love the thin minimalistic keyboard, I have a bluetooth one that looks very simular to that, that I use with my tablet.

I also like your monitor, it carries over that minimalistic and clean look. The dinosaur gives your desk that little bit that looks like a human lives there approach. I like dinosaurs too. You've already seen my command center by now, but I took an updated pic.

Zorin-OS-16-Multi-Monitor-Support

1 Like

It's a solar driven keyboard. No need for batteries. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Solar powered? Well then it needs light from them windows for sure. What it really needs is :zorin: Zorin :zorin: LITE hehe. :grin:

That was TDodd (the 17th). I would have predicted yesterday, and every day prior.

I do have to say. As someone who mainly just experimented with Zorin while waiting for the Lite version releases in the past, I'm liking it. A Lot. Just may keep it as my daily driver and just use lite on my older laptop. I'm impressed.

1 Like

See your cat is not at the keyboard. Last seen coming indoors with a big smile on its face saying "No rats (anymore)". :smiley_cat:

Hey it is was I who predicted the Oct 17 release! :grin: Only to give Jeff, you, and all of us some sort of hope. Hahaha!

1 Like