[Released 12/9/21] Zorin OS 16 Lite?

I started to wonder if we are not the only people making noise about Lite. Starlabs people might be also putting a pressure on Zorins. It is crucial to issue this model before the holiday season I suspect.

4 Likes

Great point FP...

As for the 'notify', heck I stopped looking when I saw the £791...lol

2 Likes

8GB RAM only....
I think I'd rather buy a former corporate leased laptop at eBay.
I can buy at least 2, possibly 3.
(Depends on how well my Sniper software works)

[edit]
The Artificial Un-intelligence quarantined this post and I had to approve it myself :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Due to popularity and demand, that is the new price of Z16 Lite. You get the laptop FOC. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Only place I'd look for a laptop anymore and where I got my last one. You can find some really good machines. Throw in some additional RAM, new SSD if need be. Then just install Linux, in our case Zorin Lite and enjoy....

2 Likes

There is a reason why I didn't buy a notebook with Linux already on it. Every machine I have seen sold in the Linux community is far overpriced for what hardware you get out of it. If I am going to pay 3 grand for a notebook computer, it better be freaking top of the line.

Back when I was doing my 2nd round of research earlier in the year, I was noticing notebooks with 16GB of RAM and Nvidia 3070's going for 3 grand, and I am like, dude, I can buy an MSI computer with 32GB of RAM and an Nvidia 3080 for 3 grand.

The choice was obvious, buy MSI, then send Windows10 into the MSI black hole, and then install Linux on it.

3 Likes

That was exactly what I did for those used HPs.
I found used RAM at half the price of new one.
I also swapped the network module with yet another used one to make it fully Linux compatible.

For used Aspire, I found a Mod BIOS on the net to upgrade my BIOS to be able to take faster RAM and Core i5 CPU (both used one) instead of the original slow RAM and Celeron.

I think I am very economical :grin:

3 Likes

How did your Hubby get so lucky...??? I bet several guys read this and wished...lol

3 Likes

Here in France, you can send the newly purchased laptop back to the manufacturer for Windows deinstallation service. You will get a free shipping both way and 35 Euro. It is by law which manufacturers have to oblige. I think they can afford to do it since very small number of people actually use this service.

4 Likes

Because he found an amazing woman to spend the rest of his life with, he chose wisely. I am sure he appreciates her everyday, especially when he has to turn the TV on. How do I turn on the Raspberry Pie?

You put it in the oven and set it to 350. No don't do that, just hit this button right here and it runs it on. :stuck_out_tongue: But yes, it does help to have someone in the family who is good with tech.

3 Likes

You are talking about this diagram I made for him for the easy control of our home entertainment centre.

5 Likes

THAT is funny..!!

1 Like

It is very logically drawn.
I still do not understand why my husband cannot get it :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

For many, something does not need to be complicated; it only needs to look complicated for the mind to reject it as "too complicated."
Perhaps a different method would work.

3 Likes

Just pull out the Commodore 64, show him the prompt, ask him to run many lines of code in basic to get it to do anything, see what he says.

I be he'd be like, "Ohhhhhhh my brain, its on fire, this is far too complicated" Then he will say next, "OK, our operational command center TV station is not so complex afterall."

2 Likes

Actually he is writing his music score using a variation of LaTeX. I do not think many line of codes can scare him.

He does touch type those codes you can see in the left pane with a mark-less orthogonal keyboard shown below. He is also a nerd like myself but in a different direction :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is art.
I could make a wallpaper out of that.

1 Like

This is just a sample screenshot from Frescobaldi site.
If you want, I can ask him a higher resolution screenshot of the score he is currently working on.
Any request?
Bach, Schubert or Beethoven? (his current projects)

You mean That's Not Stairway to Heaven...???

It just looked so good, I thought....

Maybe its Stairway to your LITE withdraw? :crazy_face:

1 Like