Reset Gnome Animation Settings?

I used an extension called Animation Tweaks and I accidentally changed the minimize/maximize animation for all windows. After that I reset the extension and now the original animations for maximize/minimize from Zorin defaults are gone.

I've tried removing the extension and reset the extension preferences but no luck.
Is there any way to reset the animations that the extension made changes to?

I've also tried changing to the scale-auto-in/out animation that the extension lists but it's broken and buggy. It's similar to Zorin default's but it causes weird window size bug.

2 Likes

See if this does it: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux4noobs/comments/ccvlvm/comment/etpm9xt/
Of course, you won’t be reinstalling, just removing.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it doesn't work

2 Likes

Can you please try

sudo apt install --reinstall gnome-shell-extension-zorin-magic-lamp-effect

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. The magic lamp effect is fine, it's the scale down effect that's missing and it's only missing for maximized windows so that's strange.
The scale down effect works fine on smaller windows for some reason. It's weird, wasn't happening before really.

3 Likes

I do not use Zorin OS Core, so I am not sure which effect that is for which extension...
Can you look in /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions and see what is installed?

You might then try reinstalling any that you think may apply.
It would be the same command as above, but replace with the name of the new extension. For example:

sudo apt install --reinstall gnome-shell-extension-zorin-window-move-effect

3 Likes

Gnome-tweaks has an option to reset everything to its default settings but that would undo all the wanted changes as well.

2 Likes

Okay, so this bug is happening when I enable 'Panel Intellihide' option, which means it could be a problem with the Zorin Taskbar extension. This works just fine on my other computer so I have no idea why this is happening. Could someone please suggest some possible fixes?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.