Retroarch & Game Controller

Hi.

I've been using Zorin for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it! It's now my main machine and I've deleted Windows; that's how much I'm loving it.

I've managed to work out and overcome most obstacles but I'm having an issue with my game controller in Retroarch. All tests show the controller is working (E.G. games etc...) and I've tested in a browser test and that recognises every button pressed so the controller is working and is recognised in Zorin. Good stuff.

Retroarch is not playing ball though. It does not respond to anything pressed on the controller. Nothing. It loads cores, runs my old games but Retroarch simply will not acknowledge there is a controller whereas everything else I load does.

So, any ideas guys and gals because I'm at a loss?

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

1 Like

Well, I've done something I didn't try before that was disconnect the controller and then reconnect it in the same USB port and hey, it now works. I have to do this every time I load retroarch but I think I can live with such hardship!

If, though, anyone can suggest a way for my not having to do this everytime then that would be great.

Andy.

1 Like

Some software have a setting to allow connecting joysticks, when the software requires some permissions you can see them directly after the installation clicking Permissions on their own Software Center page or on Settings > Applications > click the application name and see joystick option status if the application support it. In case you downloaded from external source you'll have to check in the application settings page.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.