Right sideicon size

I finally figure out. Thanks. I am old and slow. I did mess up something. The favorite is gone. I will "play" with latter. Planning to install the pro light. Less headache

1 Like

Well, "playing" with the configuration, I mess up so bad that I lost all the bottom panel and could not even restart. I had to turn the power off. Not a big deal for me as I installed and re-installed many Linux and windows) distros. I am old and my eyeballs are not working like they were when I was younger. The Mint Cinnamon have panel(favorites) configuration where you can choose the right icon size. I would like to see that in Zorin. Try Budgie, but no right icon size config.

You can (and I have) install Cinnamon on Zorin OS. It works very well on Zorin OS, too.

sudo apt install cinnamon cinnamon-core

Or if you want the full desktop environment:

sudo apt install -y cinnamon-desktop-environment

Yes. I did, but is not what I want. I like to have favorites in Center and Cinnamon do not have that option. I installed Docky, But the bottom panel in obstructing.I will have to re-install Zorin as I mess up very bad. I learn the hard way.

Yes, you can position it in the center on Cinnamon or you can do so on Zorin OS Lite's XFCE desktop.
To do so on Cinnamon, you must right click panel, then check the box to Edit the Panel. The components of the panel should highlight different colors. You can then drag them into the desired positions.

Try that - did not work. It will let me move the menu icon to center, but the rest of the icon(files,browser,store) spring back to left.

It could be that there is no more center space as I maximize the right icons. Oh, hell, I can live with that

I am not on Cinnamon currently to test this out... But I have had this happen to me before, too. Apparently Cinnamon is a bit picky about placement and it will spring back if not placed just the way it wants. It took a few tries.

On Zorin Lite with XFCE, it is similarly easy to center whatever you want in the panel - place a separator on either side and set its Properties to "expand".

I manage o get 4 icon center and transparent bar. Is all good now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.