[]rtlwifi: AP off, try to reconnect now

Sorry sir, I don't get your question.

The limited data pack of 2GB is from your internet provider, right?
So this morning you started a new data pack of 2 GB?
(perhaps that's not the problem, just a thought)

Still you will have to make a decision whether to proceed and tackle the wifi problem on the existing OS or backup your data, loose the apps an reinstall the system. But backing up your data is always ok but you will have to decide what to keep.

I'm afraid I will have to cut loose because it been a late night for me its past 6:30 am here and I have to catch some sleep.

You think it over, what to backup and hopefully the other volunteers will try to help you further.

1 Like

Okay, Thank you very much, sir. Have a sweet dream

Yes sir

I took a look at Unity (engine) and Unity hub (appimage). Sadly, the instillation is a bit complex and not easily moved. Reinstallation of Unity is the only way.

1 Like

Sir, Can I once see my previous software list again so that I can note it and easily install them after the installation of Zorin os?

Is there any process for again seeing my previous software's list?

Yes, it is possible. If you boot from LiveUSB, you must first mount the partition you want to recover your installed list from.
Change XY to the Actual Drive Letters of the drive you need to mount

sudo mount /dev/sdaXY /mnt

navigate to that mount point with your terminal cd command and run:

find /var/lib/dpkg/info/ -name "*.list"  -type f -printf "%P\n" |  awk -F'.' '{print $1}'

You can also add to that command above to save the output as a text file (Change /path/to... to the Actual Path Location you want to use):

> /path/to/save/location/installed-old-list.txt

So it would look like:

find /var/lib/dpkg/info/ -name "*.list"  -type f -printf "%P\n" |  awk -F'.' '{print $1}' > /path/to/save/location/installed-old-list.txt
1 Like

Sir, how to copy files from one partition to another.

That depends on how you are accessing them. If using the file manager as described above: Drag and drop.

1 Like

Sir, I have tried. It is not working.

Why is post #147 marked as Solution?
EDIT: looks like "Solution" tag has been removed by OP.

1 Like

Sorry sir, by mistake.

Sir can you help me to move files from one partition to another partition.
Sir, I have tried. Normal copy and paste is not working.

I normally drag and drop files to move or copy them.
What key combination are you using to copy/paste?

I have not used terminal myself to move files, but there is a tutorial here. Although Ubuntu 18.04, should be OK for 20.04.

Sir, I know how to move a file but moving files from one partition to another, in the same way, is not working

Sir, I won't move a file from 166GB volume to 210GB volume.

Sir, I have copied that file but when I come to another partition you can see that the paste option is disabled here and also ctrl + v is also not working.

Permissions issue.
Open the file manager As Root and then try.
On zorin LiveUSB, the user is zorin and password is simply blank - just hit enter.

1 Like

Sir what command I have to type to do that

sudo -i

nautilus

Thank you very much, sir. My all problems are solved.

Sorry for the delay, my device's battery was about to finish that time.

Thank you again. The Zorin team is the best. :heart_eyes::grinning:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.