Screen rotation on 2in1 laptop

Hi,
I have a Lenovo Ideapad D330 and my issue with this is that, after installing Zorin OS (no other OS on the device) my screen cannot be changed from the rotated state. The screen rotated 90 degrees left and whatever method (xrandr, arandr, remove iio-sensor-proxy) I've tried it alwalys gives me a black screen. However I could see that it's not frozen in the black screen, because when I separate it from the keyboard and rotate it, the black screen on it reacts to that (it just shut itself down and turn on as a black screen again in that moment). Is there any other method I haven't tried yet?
Thanks

@tranferi Hi and welcome to the forum.
Can you tell us which version and flavour of ZorinOS you have. e.g Z15.3 Core, Lite etc, or maybe Z16 Core Beta ?

I just did a search and found this:

Are you willing to give Z16 Core Beta a try?

I have the Z15.3 Core installed. I would use Z16, but I want to make this work with Z15.3 first. Then I would experiment with other stuffs as well.

Update: I managed to rotate the screen while playing around with arandr (not permanently), but my biggest problem now is that the screen always turns into a black screen when I suspend it and wake it up again. It also does this when I change orientation settings, but I've managed to "take control of it" eventually as mentioned above.

I switched from 15.3 to 16 beta (clean install) last month and 16 beta works the same as (if not better than) 15.3.

1 Like

The reason I asked, was the link I posted mentioned problem exists with Ubuntu 18.04. You may be better off with Zorin 16 based on later Ubuntu 20.04.

1 Like

Okay I'll give it a try in the future. Now it seems to be working. Not quite perfectly, but at least usable.

1 Like

Hi Tranferi, I have the same model D330 and same issue once I installed Zorin. What did you find to be the best solution?