Screen sharing software cross platform

Good Day everyone. I trust you are all doing very well.

The heading basically says it all. I need software that works on linux and windows. All my clients except for 1 who is a mac user, use windows. I don't want to make it inconvenient for my clients. I give training on how computers work setting up email, how to load products on a website etc etc.

Try teamviewer or Jami.

Try Jitsi (https://meet.jit.si) - just setup your room and invite others to join you.
I have used it to train a member of an education team remotely on how to use Inkscape to make a tactile diagram for low/no vision students. All you need is a browser with Chrome Extensions. Firefox will work but may break connections. Use Edge, Chromium - I think Safari has Chrome extensions?

Jitsi can be synchronised with Outlook and Google Calendars.

Slack, discord, Google meets, zoom (though you're limited to 45 minutes) are all capable of sharing screen, video and audio. All are cross platform. It all depends on what you are looking for and how fast your machine is. Slack and discord do well on slower computers. Zoom and Google meets tends to be more resource hogs. There are plenty of applications that can perform as you desire.

Man sorry for this late reply. I know Discord can but excuse if this may sound rude, it's not meant this way but my customers are not the smartest cookie in the packet. Basically, I have to either do it myself or take 2-3 hours to teach them how to do it.

I use team viewer and Anydesk at the moment but When I have to teach a client how to do it, I have to share my screen cause it's set up with the right software, etc and it's training in how to build a website or how to setup emails.

I did some searching and apparently Microsoft Meet works on Linux. I did not have time to test it though as I am limited on time and we have no power 6h a day.

I think we have all been there. And we begin to think this way.
For a long time, I did and I responded in a similar manner.
But during this time, I made an interesting discovery. People do not lack smarts.
They lack confidence.
They really lack confidence.
Part of the cycle is: the user lacks confidence, which I then re-enforced by lacking confidence in them.

Instead, helping them to find their confidence, they often can look into things and learn how to do things without me teaching them and without me doing things for them. In practice, at least for me over that past couple of years: It works a whole lot better.
Now, I will not approach things any other way and certainly not the way I used to.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.