Installed ZorinOS Core on a MacBook Air 7,2 (13-Inch, Mid 2017), the system runs great, super-fast, much faster than MacOS Big Sur. However, when I boot up the system, just before the Zorin splash, there is a static tv effect on the left side of the monitor, then it disappears and then the Zorin splash slides in and shortly after that the system is open and ready to get to work. There is no damage to the screen, in excellent condition.
Is there any driver or apt that I can use to get that static tv effect off the bootup screen? Aesthetically, it would be great to have no static tv effect and just the Zorin splash page.
The MacBook Air specs are as follows:
- Processor: 1.8 GHz (i5-5350U) dual core Intel Core i5; 3 MB shared L3 cache.
- Front Side Bus: Intel Direct Media Interface. 5.0 GT/s.
- Memory: 8 GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM.
- **Storage: 256GB PCI-e based SSD.
- Display: 13.3-inch, native 1440 x 900 (16:10). Lower resolutions supported.
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 processor. Up to 1.5 GB LPDDR3 SDRAM shared from main memory.
- Video Camera: FaceTime HD (720p).
- Power connector: MagSafe 2.
- OS: MacOs Sierra.
- Connectivity: Internal 802.11ac a/b/g/n/ac compatible (AirPort, Broadcom BCM4360-based 867Mbit/s)Optional Apple USB Ethernet 100 Mbit Adapter Optional Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. Optional Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter.
- Peripheral connections: 2x USB 3.0. 1 x Thunderbolt 2 port.
- Input: Keyboard, mouse, Multi-touch Trackpad.
- Battery: Removable lithium-ion polymer. 54-watt-hour. Cycle count – 1000. Up to 12 hours between charges.
- Color: Silver.
- Weight: 2.96 lb.
- Dimensions: 12.8 in wide × 8.94 in (22.7 cm) deep × 0.11 in to 0.68 in high.