Screenshot location changer in Gnome 40 -> Zorin17

This guide no longer works because the extension is no longer valid ...
-> Changing default Screenshot target folder in dconf-edit not working - #5 by chrissi55

The path in Screenshottool is different
set to /home/username/Nextcloud/Screenshots
but this is ignored the tool saves pics to /home/username/Nextcloud/Bildschirmfotos

any ideas?

If you check my Unofficial Manual for 17 I explain that the new screenshot tool stores screenshots to:

home | pictures | screenshots

Having done some searching, found a link to this GitHub project, possible solution?:

1 Like

Looks almost like it tries to think for you and puts it into the appropriate folder for your language, instead of taking the entry literally. :thinking:

The new screenshot is part of the GNOME desktop environment itself instead of a modular and separate application.

OK guys i thank for your answers.

I did some further research and found this post - will test it and report if it works in case of ZorinOS 17 as well...

->shortcut keys - How can I specify the default save directory for gnome-screenshot? - Ask Ubuntu

-> Extension: Screenshot Directory - GNOME Shell Extensions

Update: gnome-shell --version delivers that ZorinOS 17 is using 43.9
The extension support ends up with Gnome Shell 42.x
-> so incompatible as well :thinking:

Another workaround is maybe the script from the same ask-ubuntu page, that moves new screenshots from the "default" path to "your-path" every time the target dir changes
see here: shortcut keys - How can I specify the default save directory for gnome-screenshot? - Ask Ubuntu

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.