Either will work. Whichever you prefer.

1 Like

Still doesn't work

1 Like

hmmm...

Try

dconf reset -f /org/gnome/control-center/

1 Like

Still doesn't work, I don't know what the rules of the fourm are or if you want to I could TeamViewer

sudo apt install gnome-tweaks

Then, open Tweaks from the menu. Click on the Extensions option in the left pane. Then disable all extensions. Launch Settings and see if it crashes.

1 Like

I just made another discovery, I installed TeamViewer and then when I clicked it to launch it from the menu the os crashed

3 Likes

Can you check the contents of /var/crash for any crash logs?

Post the terminal output of journalctl -b -1 -e or use PasteBin to post it here, please.

1 Like

There is nothing in that directory

1 Like

Graphics glitches / freeze-up with new comp, ERROR: ring gfx timeout - #5 by beankylla - Graphics & Display - Manjaro Linux Forum this sounds similar

Can you please follow the steps here:

Then once done:

sudo groupadd power

sudo usermod --groups power --append $USER

Are you experiencing other graphics glitching?
What is the output of:

sudo lshw -short | grep -i --color display

1 Like

/0/100/3.1/0/0/0 display Navi 14 [Radeon RX 5500/5500M / Pro 5500M]

`

1 Like

You might check the oibaf drivers:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

1 Like

Still doesn't work

I am at a complete loss, at this point.

1 Like

if i can get this working and have no problems i would be more than willing to buy pro,

1 Like

Originally, it looked like there was an issue only affecting gnome-control-center. It may be more expansive than first realized.
You might try

sudo apt install --reinstall zorin-os-desktop gnome gnome-shell policykit-1-gnome

1 Like

Still nothing

I can only recommend re-installing Zorin OS at this point. Something is definitely broken.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.