Shade of Z - icon themes for Zorin OS

good morning do not get install icon themes in Zorin ultimate, generated by storm
I have discarded the zip file and extracted, created in .local the icons folder and inside I paste the extracted folder, but it does not show me the new icons, they do not appear I have done everything according to the contribution of storm explanation and they do not come out, what am I doing wrong? Thank you :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

That should work, though I usually go about it by simply creating a new .icons folder in my Home Directory. As packaged by Storm on Pling, the extracted directory should go right into ~/.icons. Or ~/.local/share/icons.
I just tested this with a couple different color variations downloaded from Pling. Both show up in the Appearance Settings and set with no problem.

Everything looks correct in your description of how you installed- except for the path. You might create a folder named share in your ~/.local directory, then cut and paste the icons directory into that.
Or, create the ~/.icons directory and cut and paste the Shades-Of-Z icon theme folder into that. Either placement should work.

Hello Daravisian I have found in your answer the error, the storm tutorial does not mention that the folder created for the icons must be .icons, and not icons only issue solved thanks for the support and to Storm too. I am missing the point.
Health :face_with_monocle:

Hello everyone.

There will not be any icon updates the next two weeks. I'm taking a break and enjoy the good weather we have rarely in Denmark. :slight_smile:

regards

3 Likes

Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2021-06-19 18-18-13.png...

tanks you

1 Like

My pleasure. :slight_smile:

Enjoy the great weather while it lasts.
One of my daughter-in-law is living in Copenhagen and we've heard a lot (of complaining) about the weather :wink:

1 Like

I take icon requests (still), so people add your apps that need icons while I'm on break. Then I know what to do when I'm back in business. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So much for the good weather. Now it's meh-weather. Just look at my cats expression to it.

2 Likes

Something tells me that we are both cat lovers :heart_eyes_cat:

I'm back at working on a version 1.3 release which mostly will replace some of the old icons with new and improve ones.

1 Like

how to install pleases.

Simply create
.local/share/icons
.local/share/themes
directories in your home directory and copy the theme and icon contents you want to use there.

Sorry I have no idea about that, I am new to using linux: I have 10 days in these. there won't be a video to see how it's done.

1. Open Nautilus (file manager)
  2. Press ctrl + H (to show hidden folders)
  3. Open .local/share/
  4. If there is no
    icons
    themes
    folders, create those by right click an empty space in the folder view.
  5. From drop-down menu, select "create a new folder" (might be slightly different wording - my Zorin is running in Japanese).
  6. When New Folders are created, change their names accordingly.

While videos are more intuitive than written information, for recording and memorizing purpose, text based information is superior IMHO.

2 Likes

ok, thank you very much I will follow your guide. I am a Spanish speaker.

1 Like

Version 1.2.1 is out! Only minor changes so it won't be version 1.3 :stuck_out_tongue:

What's new?
Games: (Steam) Battletech, (Steam) OverLord 1+2, (Steam) Tower of Time,
Changed: (Steam) Kingdom Two Crowns, (Steam) Iratus: Lord of The Dead,
Changed: (Steam) Legend of Keepers, (Steam) Ultimate ADOM, (Steam) Stellaris,
Changed: (Steam) Darkest Dungeon, (Steam) Chronicon, (Steam) Northgard,
Changed: (Steam) Graveyard Keeper, (Steam) Huntdown, (Steam) Moonlighter,
Changed: (Steam) Sunless Skies, (Steam) Low Magic Age, (Steam) Hollow Knight,
Changed: (Steam) Star Traders: Frontier,

Get it at Github *(Pling, gnome-look is down atm.): GitHub - SethStormR/Shade-of-Z: Shade of Z is an icon set for Zorin OS (16). It aims to streamline the icons in the Zorin envoriment, so application icons are in match with the panel icons (menu launcher, systray etc.).

1 Like

I take requests for which icons to put in next. Nothing is to small :slight_smile:

I was stumbling around the old forum trying to find stuff on "sound theme" when I found this thread: What's your Zorin 9 desktop look like? - Old Zorin Forum archive

@Storm @FrenchPress : Scroll down to "Stephanie" "Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:40:17 am"

PS: I can't get my head around Storm's change of avatar from cartoon birdie to thoughtful viking.

3 Likes

Nice cat theme and icons. Overall pretty good put together. :slight_smile: