Shade of Z - icon themes for Zorin OS

Version 1.2.1 is now available on Pling - Shade of Z - pling.com

1 Like

Destiny 2 (steam), csgo (steam), crysis 3 (steam) , android studio, vs code, IntellaJ Idea, warframe... some icons i don't believe you listed... may be wrong.

I'll see what I can do on this slow laptop.

1 Like

Android Studio is in the icon package.
VS Code should be there (if it havn't changed icon name).

1 Like

Icons done. Will be released with version 1.3

1 Like

Shade of Z - Icon theme(s) version 1.3 have been released!!!!

What's new?
Games: (Steam) CS:GO, (Steam) Destiny 2, (Steam) Crysis 3, (Steam) Warframe,
Games: (Steam) Bard's Tale 4, (Steam) Counter Strike, (Steam) Counter-Strike: Condition Zero,
Games: (Steam) Counter-Strike: Source, (Steam) Limbo, (Steam) Solasta,
Games: (Steam) Alien Swarm, (Steam) Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop, (Steam) 7 Days to Die,
Apps: VS Codium, Intell-J-Idea, image Magick, 3D Coat, Mystiq, gnome color picker,
Apps: qbittorrent, celluloid, simplescreenrecorder, FreeTube, Virtual Machine Manager,
Apps: Timeshift, elementary OS - Code, FlatSeal, Blanket, Dialect, Notes,
Apps: Antstream Arcade <== Needs manually set via menu editor
Added: Mega System tray icons

Get it here: Shade of Z - pling.com

1 Like

Please,wish/request for icons to put in next. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The next update I can't tell when, but it's a huge update. I'm eliminating all colors except the main color in all the icons. It's going to take awhile. Why? Because I've improved my Inkscape skill and learned some new tricks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here's a screenshot of the differences there going to be. By removing the colors, except the main color of the icon, the background decide which colors the transparencies of the icons shall be replaced by. So if you are using example my translucent GTK theme the wallpaper will color the icons. Well that's the idea behind it.

3 Likes

This is a very useful technique. I have used it as well. Another is a using semi-opacity to shade an area while letting the background shine through. My Empire set does this.
Icon sets are trickier than themes because they are used in greater diversity. I've had to test each set on KDE, XFCE, Gnome, Mate and so on just to ensure consistency. And Nautilus is the only Filemanager that makes that huge glaring border around all icons in the manager... I got rid of that on mine.
Anyway, I remember that the transparency to highlight Icon backfired on certain things- which I started this post to warn you about.
But for the life of me, I cannot remember what it is.

Uh... Test Thoroughly...

1 Like

the good thing is that both light and dark GTK theme works for all the icons.

4 Likes

At least 1000 icons have been modified today and I'm far from done.

It's like, you start out designing and crating in Gimp and Blender... layering them together and making a final icon...
Then you move to creating Symlinks for all similar applications, instead :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A little secret; I don't symlinks. Instead I handcraft each icons, like a Ferrari or Lamborghini do to their cars :smiley:

2 Likes

Purple, Yes :purple_heart: :heart_decoration:

A purple tux to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :penguin: :heart_eyes:

Folder icons 100% done.
Applications icons 98% done. The rest 2% needs redesign.
Mimetypes: -_-... don't ask there's a billion of them.

Version 2.0a is out!

What's new?

==> 1000s of icons got changed. The main color is kept, the secondary color is made transparent instead. Other color phased out or replaced by main color.
Folders icons: 100% Done
Apps icons: 98% Done
Mime types icons: coming in the next couple of future releases. <==

Games: (Steam) Griftlands,
Apps: TLPui, gcolor 3, kclock, GPU Viewer,
Changed: (Steam) Darkest Dungeon, Firefox,

Get it here at github: GitHub - SethStormR/Shade-of-Z: Shade of Z is an icon set for Zorin OS (16). It aims to streamline the icons in the Zorin envoriment, so application icons are in match with the panel icons (menu launcher, systray etc.).

2 Likes

Version 2.0a is now available at Pling: Shade of Z - pling.com