Share your desktop, what does it look like?

2 Likes

Wow. How do you do a live wallpaper please?

I'm using an app called Hidamari.

Thanks - great app! Looks like it isn't compatible with two screens though :frowning: One screen scrolls whilst the other never changes from the first frame.

According to the repo it does support multi monitor:

There's also a link to another project by the same author that seems to work with multi monitor as shown on the demo. You can try that as well, although it says it's experimental.

1 Like

@Storm also provided this method:

Which I prefer since I do not have to hassle with another series of applications and it works flawlessly on two or three monitor setup.

1 Like

Firstly, very long over-due. Thanks for your help (on this and the to conky or not to conky thread). I now have conky on both my Zorin pc's.
Now, I have no clue on how to modify. Yet. I do plan on doing so, because I'd like to change the gotham settings to make it smaller, and color change.
Thanks Aravisian.

2 Likes

I like this desktop look a lot.
Theme: Marshmellow Link
Widget: Conky qlocktwo Link
Wall: Flower Tree Link
Icons: Zafiro icons Link

3 Likes

Beware of the living dragon :fire: :dragon:

3 Likes

Here's mine, Wallch for changing Wallpapers, Cairo dock below and a few extensions on the top bar:

5 Likes

Nemo has been my go to since they ruined Nautilus a few iterations back, first thing I do is ice Nautilus and install Nemo as default, especially useful are the awesome "open in terminal" and "open as root" on right click.
plust the whole layout is way nicer.

2 Likes

How did you set Nemo as the default file manager?? I found steps before but I'm just scared it's not safe and will break my system.

It won't break the system. It might cause confusion if something goes wrong, but you would still be able to use all applications normally, such as terminal or Nautilus, if it went wrong.

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.background show-desktop-icons false
xdg-mime default nemo.desktop inode/directory application/x-gnome-saved-search
2 Likes

I used an Itsfoss page, think it's this one, nothing bad happened but word to the wise if you don't have it yet install Timeshift, it's quite simple to use, configure it and make a backup, also configure it to make regular backups I have about 10 that it keeps so can always spin back if needed, it's a game changer.

3 Likes

Thank you both @Aravisian and @Del369 for the suggestions.

2 Likes

So here's my current Zorin OS 16.2 Core desktop. I am so grateful to receive email saying i was chosen as one of the users of the month. I love this OS a lot and is a cool community here aswell. :zorin: :blue_heart:
Theme: WhiteSur
Wallpaper: .3.III
Icons: Mkos-Big-Sur
Widget: qlocktwo conky

7 Likes

Just for fun! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: KDE Plasma Endeavour OS. All themes

installed from Appearance settings with spacers to center the menu and favorites. Mac is next.

Plasma Style: Win11OS-light
Window Decorations: Willow Light
App Style:Fusion
Icons: 11
Menu Icon: Downloaded

4 Likes

I absolutely love the window animations. Can you do that with electricity? I have a blue theme that could be accented by a quick open and close animation similar to that.

2 Likes

There's energize and you can change the colors of every affect you want.

2 Likes

My current Plasma desktop on Devuan:

4 Likes