Share your desktop, what does it look like?

Mono Daft Punk

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is fire :fire:

Now imagine the heads follow the mouse cursor... slightly disturbing to visualize :smile:

Animated, still trying to figure out desktop widgets.

1 Like

Win 11 animated and Rainmeter. I know that won't work with Zorin but there has to be something.

I prefer to use Conky to achieve very similar results as Rainmeter. However, I have also run and tested Rainmeter using WINE on Zorin OS and it runs on the Zorin OS desktop pretty much flawlessly.
You can also use Animated Wallpapers on Zorin OS desktop using additional apps Where is Background Plus in 16? - #3 by Storm

OR

3 Likes

Hadn't even considered Wine. Thanks! I'm using Hidamari from the software app on Zorin for the animated wallpapers and it works great.

1 Like
3 Likes

I'm a sucker for anything that mentions glass, can I down load the icons?

Not yet.

2 Likes

Wasn't able to get Rainmeter to show anything but managed to get a couple basic widgets with Conky. It gave me a headache but found Conky Manager (really old and unsupported that I could tell).

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Conky (Tangent topic) on Zorin OS

4 Likes

It took most of the day to get a somewhat decent widget but I got some good practice on the terminal and learned some about Conky. It's a shame it isn't being developed. I appreciate the tips.

4 Likes

Perhaps this conky stuff should have its own thread, just saying :wink:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Is that Zorin Lite?

Nope, It's Fedora 38 - Gnome.

1 Like

Another try on Core with animated wallpaper and a bit of Conky.

5 Likes

The revival of the I Little Pony Icon Theme

4 Likes