Share your desktop, what does it look like?

Maybe it depends what hardware and pc or laptop some people have. I saw people with Ryzen 9 3900x and Nvidia 2060 super. This is not the same with old processor haswell,ddr3 and old graphic card from 16th June, 2015

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with that, like i said before it depends on the gnome plugins you installed and what is running in the background (applications).

Laptop from 2013, 823mb ram usage in Gnome.

3 Likes

Yes i have this same when i using only terminal on linux on start without gui DE when i put command neofetch then your score what you get is the same.

3 Likes

While using Aravisian's themes, I mostly had to adjust my own gnome-shell css files.
Been wrestling a while with what goes best. Trying to learn how this work the combination of desktop and colors etc. You can do real funny things like this for example.

or this

Linux, man I love it. But must say it's all thanks to Aravisian.

10 Likes

That copperdeck 3 looks great dasjdoom .... I went back to Hornet but do switch between it and copperdeck 3 just for a change of pace ..... any word on when Aravisian is gonna finish those to themes ?????? ..... hint ..... hint ....

3 Likes

Well, if you have been following this article; https://forum.zorin.com/t/is-gnome-user-friendly/13679, the chances are slim to none that he'll bring out a gnome-shell for the copperdeck3.

That's why I've been adjusting and creating my own gnome-shell (and icons). But perhaps the icons for copperdeck3 will come.... :relaxed:

3 Likes

Yea ..... but I'm on Cinnamon .... :grin:

Here is Hornet

and Copperdeck 3

4 Likes

Yep, forgot about that. Perhaps you should wake him up, but seeing those posts about gnome, guess the man's got lot on his mind, lately.

3 Likes

I do like the gray backgrounds in Copperdeck 3 .... easier on the ol' eyes ....

I'm a firm believer in "never poke a sleeping bear with a stick" ..... :grin:

3 Likes

Yep, I've been trying to melt the predator gnome-shell as a background but the contrast looks too dark, that's why I made my own grey in combination with the orange from copperdeck3.

While doing this I discovered the art of integrating those pictures. I takes just one place to adjust. You can use any picture, be it a jpg, jpeg or png. Makes those boring backgrounds pop a little.

And yes, the bear is on fire. But I like it when a man stands up for his opinion. Nothing wrong with that. So don't poking the wrong place, else perhaps the bear will turn in to a dragon.

3 Likes

Yea I've been reading that thread and I have my own opinion of Gnome also .... I guess that is why I use Cinnamon but to each his own ..... it is getting kinda heated and a cheap shot was taken over something that had no bearing on the discussion what so ever .... but that is JMHO ....

Anyway time for me to call it a day and eat supper .... later

2 Likes

No, actually, it isn't. It's thanks to you - enjoying exploring what Linux has to offer goes a long way toward learning more about the systems... as well as being able to fully enjoy your own machine. The way you want to.
It is your motivation that makes all the difference.

3 Likes

Yes, I do enjoy the tools and ways Linux lets me explore, learn and sometimes adjust or poke around.

Well, we talked about this. Without your theming and my interest in the gnome-shell themes, I would not have gone this far. Already said it - your theming is an inspiration - to me that is.

2 Likes

It is interesting that Theming is a great avenue to learning code and learning file-management.
Theming also can help a user to find many facets of applications that they may otherwise not notice or know about.

2 Likes

I just thought about that when testing the adjusted themes. Saw screens flashing by and places which I normally don't search for or visit. It let's one know the system, applications, folders and places better. You are completely right.

2 Likes

Is it possible to make a theme like that(Like Zorin os Pro themes) in Zorin os 16 core :sweat_smile:

I just want desktop themes like Zorin os Pro
I know I should support the developers,
But I can't afford $40 dollars cuz I am a student from India - here $40 mean lots of money

if it's possible please teach me how?

3 Likes

Are you asking about the dock and the top panel?

2 Likes

yaa
i want that theme in my desktop

2 Likes

For the dock I used the popular gnome extension called "Dash to Dock" but you can also use "Floating Dock" which gives you a floating dock....
For the top panel...I don't remember. Sorry :sweat_smile: It was a long time ago...now I use kde plasma in Zorin core.

2 Likes

Thanks, Bro :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: .
Can You tell me where can I get more extensions like that

3 Likes