Share your desktop, what does it look like?

I can get the incinerate to work in gnome, but even though it's listed as an effect downloadible for kde, it doesn't work. I may have to manually add it to the windows (editing the js)... which shouldn't be too difficult.

I can't find any documentation regarding it not working and what the possibilities are causing it.

I've also been having the issue that plasma themes don't affect the system settings windows, so is always glaring white. Been looking for a way to edit it manually, but finding the config to modify its trying (not to mention I have so much other stuff going on) and annoyingly low priority.

1 Like

I deleted my previous screenshot post from last night as that setup was bothering me. I'm really liking this desktop setup a whole bunches. It's like it's fully alive & interactive
Linux: Zorin OS 16.2 Core
Theme: Otis-Forest
Icons: Acid-Symbolic
Wallpaper: Forest Stars & Sunset from OSX Yosemite
Widgets: Sunamu & Conky Dex Clock

4 Likes

The icon is to colorful for my taste. No wonder it's called Acid :smiley:

1 Like

Well then i guess it's a good thing it's on my desktop not yours, have a nice day.:upside_down_face:

I also find it too colorful compared to what I'm used to, but I'm kinda fond of it actually. Now imagine all the folders and colors actually spiral and change :joy:

2 Likes

groovy

My 1st time back in Linux in a decade. Here's where I've got so far with the Zorin Lite 16.2 Free Xfce that I'm configuring for my mum's old laptop.

She wakes up a couple hours before sunrise to chat online to people in different time zones, so I went with dark colours and made my first ever Conky with the most relevant times. (Panel Mode Dark but had to change Zorin Theme Background back to Light because too many things were hard to see.)

Dark simple wallpaper to avoid confusion and keep the Conky legible: https://wallhere.com/en/wallpaper/1270299

No icons etc on desktop to help her focus on learning to use the menu (Whiskermenu), file manager (Nemo with built-in search, thanks @Aravisian ) and panel to find things. Scrollbars permanently visible (again, thanks @Aravisian ).

At some point, the Notification plugin icon changed from a bell to a square, no idea why. Fixing that and reducing the space occupied by the plugins are missions for another day.

5 Likes

You are welcome. I also use Whiskermenu.

Looks like the icon is missing...

1 Like

A relaxing day at the lake ......

Wish I could get the clock in upper right to have a transparent background or at least a gray to match my icons but there is no setting in the Cinnamon applet for that ....

2 Likes

Shweet

1 Like

Zen vibes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just reminded me of an old lightbulb joke. How many Acid users does it take to change a lightbulb? None, the room spins around by itself around the replacement lightbulb!

2 Likes

I don't suppose you've considered a Conky for the clock? More work than an applet but more configurable.

1 Like

5 Likes

Nice dtop very smooth :black_heart:

1 Like

Remaking my "word"-icons.

3 Likes

I like the looks of that .... would love to try it but my taskbar icons are so small I couldn't read them .... would look great on my folders however .....

1 Like

What happened to your testing plank?

1 Like

I'm using plank the center Icons would be OK but the left hand ones are really small .... even though some are duplicates of my center ones I need them because when I go to the web my center ones disappear but I can still see the small ones to the left .... see photo ....

2 Likes

Text icons in action:

3 Likes