Share your desktop, what does it look like?

New desktop and icons ..... I liked the round icons in Storm's Sonata set but unfortunately the yellow doesn't go as good as the white in Mystique set so I changed back to Mystique ....

Is as follows

Theme -- Aravisian's moebius
Icons -- Storm's Mystique
Mouse Pointer -- Pling's Oxygen 34 Gray Ghost
Background -- Black & Gray Abstract

The lone icon in the toolbar that doesn't match is the one from XnView MP .... and the one from Cinnamon (4th from the left bottom left toolbar) which is the Systems Setting Icon .....

3 Likes

Why do you have a doc and a taskbar?

Cuz Frog does whatever Frog wants.

3 Likes

True.

He is beyond our understanding
we will never be able to guess his intentions

2 Likes

3 Likes

The simple explanation is that when going to full screen using my Vivaldi Browser the Plank Bar (large icons) is not visible so if I need to open to any of of them like Libre Office or XnView MP or any other program I can't ....

1 Like

:+1: :grinning: :grinning: Even in school I was accused of "dancing to a different drum" ..... I definitely am what was known back in the 60's as a "free spirit" .....

5 Likes

Got this from Dalle 2

3 Likes

im delving into KDE. loving the customization level over GNOME. any pointers are welcome! lol

5 Likes

looks alot like windows. im guessing thats what you were going for

Meanwhile me on windows with a sliver of battery.

Sorry guys if it hurts those with linux, but i am thinking not to switch to linux till there is sufficient app support in the app store.

3 Likes

And i really hope either zorin or fedora changes their default GNOME Theme with a nice and minimal theme with nice blur pretty much everywhere. i thought so hard on installing elementary os, but dropped that plan as it took literally 2-3 hours just to install a 2 GB OS, cuz my computer is stoobid.

you can have both and toy around with linux when you have time or dont require windows compatibility.

1 Like

ikr, but currently thinking to buy an ssd and then add fedora or elementary to it first rather than windows first for sure

1 Like

4 Likes

3 Likes

How much storage to have on your current computer? If you have a 100-300 GB free, try dual booting. Then you'll be used to Linux, before you get a new SSD. If you don't want to do that, consider booting Fedora or Elementary from a USB.

1 Like

I have a 1TB HDD, but it has 600GB for windows 11, 200-300gb for windows 10, which i wanted to recover my files as it is not starting up. so after I recover my files from my dead windows 10, i would immediately switch to fedora again.

:wink:

1 Like

Pinning the trash can to the taskbar may actually be one of the best ideas I never thought of, would've save me so much trouble back in the day :smiley:

1 Like